Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Console warz go here!  (Read 36743 times)

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
Console warz go here!
« on: May 01, 2009, 11:14:54 am »

The nintendo wii is for children and families imo
I think the reasoning for it's high sales is due to it's low price tag. Compared to the original price of the xbox and ps3 the nintendo wii was a steal at the price. Maybe for the simple fact that it absolutely sucks? :P

The Wii is platform developed for one of those games that is enjoyable for about 30 minutes, then you lose interest. Earlier examples would be, light gun games and the eyetoy. Just fads. The reason why Nintendo decided to release a console on it; is beyond me. They could have released a much much better system.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 11:16:47 am by LeeumDee »

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
Console warz go here!
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 11:22:46 am »

ye the wii sales are incredible but 80 % of the people that have a wii only play it for a few days and then its like an old toy

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
Console warz go here!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 12:52:24 pm »

The nintendo wii is for children and families imo
I think the reasoning for it's high sales is due to it's low price tag. Compared to the original price of the xbox and ps3 the nintendo wii was a steal at the price. Maybe for the simple fact that it absolutely sucks? :P

The Wii is platform developed for one of those games that is enjoyable for about 30 minutes, then you lose interest. Earlier examples would be, light gun games and the eyetoy. Just fads. The reason why Nintendo decided to release a console on it; is beyond me. They could have released a much much better system.
Wii now is more expensive than the cheapest Xbox360, so that argument doesn't count anymore.
The reason the Wii is so popular is becuase the've managed to reach a new market, the family gaming market. Admit it, everyone likes the Wii basic games, even if it is just for 15 minutes. And everyone can use it. The controller is pretty revolutionary in terms of usability.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

MacKinsey

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Patch
  • /nick Fabi
Console warz go here!
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 12:57:06 pm »

Wii now is more expensive than the cheapest Xbox360, so that argument doesn't count anymore.
Compared to the original price of the xbox and ps3 the nintendo wii was a steal at the price.
The controller is pretty revolutionary in terms of usability.
The Wii's first name was Nintendo Revolution.
Wii=We=Together
Playing together with a Wii is more fun than playing alone

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
Console warz go here!
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 02:01:35 pm »

The reason the Wii is so popular is becuase the've managed to reach a new market, the family gaming market. Admit it, everyone likes the Wii basic games, even if it is just for 15 minutes. And everyone can use it. The controller is pretty revolutionary in terms of usability.

I'd rather not pay £xxx, for 15 minutes of gaming pleasure.
I'd pay £250, for lots and lots of hours of xbox fun. I'm obviously arguing with Nintendo Wii fans, but the thing is....When somebody pays for something, they do find it hard to admit they don't like it. For the obvious reason they paid money for it....  I'm not saying this is the case here, but stating it only gives 15 minutes of fun for some users, it would denote you feel how bad the console is for some users.

I don't know anyone that has bought a 360 and didn't like it (or ps3 for that matter) (Go on...tell me you have one now and don't like it... )

The Wii's first name was Nintendo Revolution.
Wii=We=Together
Playing together with a Wii is more fun than playing alone

Okay, get on your Wii. And invite 30 friends from all over the world into a chat party. And invite them to a private match of your favorite game? Or can you not do that? :P
Or look in your friends list and see a friend in a game, and think hey? click here and bam I can join his game.....oh oh and his chat party. HAI !

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
Console warz go here!
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 02:16:13 pm »

It's aimed at a different audience Leeum, clearly not aimed at you. :P People actually like to play a game for 15 minutes, then play it for 15 minutes with someone else, and 15 minutes with another guy. It's not really a platform to spend hours on doing the same games, it's mostly as a "break" from other things as I see it. And apparently, a lot of people like that... Imo, you shouldn't even compare Wii to other consoles.

No, I don't own a Wii, xbox or any other console.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
Console warz go here!
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 02:34:53 pm »

That is exactly my point, because it has a different adience, it sells so well. Also, when you are with a couple of friends IRL (I know that might pose a problem for some ;) ) then it is pretty funny to play these games.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
Console warz go here!
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2009, 03:57:32 pm »

That is exactly my point, because it has a different adience, it sells so well. Also, when you are with a couple of friends IRL (I know that might pose a problem for some ;) ) then it is pretty funny to play these games.

As long as the friends are 6 years old ;) oO i went there.
I know but seriously, i'm off the topic now ;D

goztow

• Havoc
Re: Console warz go here!
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 08:17:23 pm »

Most people have a job, a family, a household to take care of. They only have one hour or two gaming time per week. They buy a Wii and use that little time they have to game together with their family and enjoy it. So yes: different audience.

general-pain

• Shotgunner
  • The Bringer of Depression
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 10:12:19 pm »

Two letters

P   C

cant find any better gaming platform  ;)

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2009, 10:13:04 pm »

xbox 360 is damn sexy

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2009, 10:31:31 pm »

Two letters

P   C

Blind3001

• Havoc
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2009, 10:55:27 pm »

VIRTUAL BOY WINS!!!!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!1!!1!111!!!

[17:14] Thomas45: Star Trek Scotsmen
[17:14] Blind3001: Scotty!
[17:15] Thomas45: beam me up gwynzer

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 12:52:15 am »

Two letters

P   C

You mean like a triple core gaming pc, all tucked up in a sexy black box? With ms software running on it? :P (xbox xbox xbox xbox ;D) Seriously though, I do really only play one PC game. and that's Renegade, many of the others bore me or are cross platform and i enjoy them more on my 360.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 01:31:01 am »

You mean like a triple core gaming pc, all tucked up in a sexy black box? With ms software running on it? :P (xbox xbox xbox xbox ;D) Seriously though, I do really only play one PC game. and that's Renegade, many of the others bore me or are cross platform and i enjoy them more on my 360.

Well, actually, I'm enjoying my games on a pretty core i7, with a Ati HD4870 1 Gb edition with 6 GB of ram and plenty of storage (2 TB). And the plenty isnt really true, because I only got like 150 Gb left :(

Oh, and I can actually download movies on it and properly internet on it as well.
Pages: [1] 2 3

May 03, 2024, 12:57:58 am