Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Console warz go here!  (Read 36745 times)

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
Re: Console warz go here!
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2009, 09:48:17 am »

evil fortheloveofgod i dont even got 150 gb XD

i like the xbox because everybody is even then no one has got a better xbox you know :P everybody is the same the only problem left maybe is the internet connection thats all :D

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 11:31:17 am »

evil fortheloveofgod i dont even got 150 gb XD

i like the xbox because everybody is even then no one has got a better xbox you know :P everybody is the same the only problem left maybe is the internet connection thats all :D
Problem still is:
Controls, for shooters a gamepad is totally not useful.
Try to use a console for whatever but gaming, won't work well.
Therefore, as ICT student, I preffer a decent PC above a console any day.

Only exception might be the Wii when with friends and drinking :|
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

general-pain

• Shotgunner
  • The Bringer of Depression
« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2009, 12:07:32 pm »

Anotjher thing in favour of teh PC is teh fact that if you want a gamepad, joystick, wheel, or any other form of control, you can buy tehm and plug em in, maybe install a driver, but generally you can make your PC into an immitation XBox, or Playstation, just through plugging in the right attachments. i mean, is there anything the PC cant do? (Apart from make a cup of tea, and get you laid)

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 12:44:10 pm »

well for me a shooter im better with a controller then mouse for some reason

and general some weird ass guy alrdy made it possible to have a keyboard and a mouse for the xbox 360 :P

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2009, 01:09:51 pm »

shooting games, statagy games  pc
racing games console
any other game not interested

but i do like the wii it is a good console but not as much as my 360
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2009, 02:17:40 pm »

i mean, is there anything the PC cant do? (Apart from make a cup of tea, and get you laid)

I do belive there is a PC that can make you get a cup of tea.  Some guy modded his case and stuff and has a machine that makes him tea... of course, he has to fill it up with the ingredients every now and then, still....

As for getting laid... maybe not directly but it's one step on the way :D
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2009, 04:45:09 pm »

Don't know the right adress, but I'm sure there is something like fuckbuddies.com or w/e
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Trace

• Honorary Ex-Staff
  • Havoc
« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2009, 05:34:17 pm »

Well as said before, the Wii is aimed at a totally different audience. In Japan, 87% of the households have one or more Wii's!

The same thing with the new DSi. Apart from a tiny bit larger screen it got nothing to offer for the gamers of our age. But for kids who are 6-12 the 3mp camera is a superb thing as they usually don't have an expansive cellphone and they can play games on it too!
So for summer holidays a lot of parents will buy their kids a DSi, because they can play on it while in the car and make pictures with it when visiting things.
Its just a really good strategy. :)

Wii = fun tho, one of the coolest consoles to play a shooter on ^^

Trace
[23:58:41] <~EvilWhiteDragon> I want to go to town and get drunk
[23:58:53] <~EvilWhiteDragon> why wont any of my friends answer my sms
[23:59:15] <Trace> cuz u dont have any friends?
[00:02:12] * You were kicked from #BI-Moderators by EvilWhiteDragon (FU)

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 08:59:11 pm »

but the problem with the wii is it boress you really fast my friend got it like 2 weeks ago the first 5 days he played it like crazy and now he wants to sell it he says that it is boring after a while :P so i still say xbox 360 imo

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 01:04:29 pm »

On the subject of the PC.
It's a great machine :P It does basically all of my entertainment needs, bar serious gaming.
The reason is, as soon as you buy an up to date, epic, even future-proof machine it goes out of date before you can install all your drivers. And while playing an online game, there will be always one person running a better machine than you, or heck even a worse machine than you at a lower res giving them the upper hand.

Console gaming doesn't have this problem. Everyone has the _same_ 360, nintendo wii, ps3. So while gaming there isn't one person with that upper hand so to speak regarding hardware. I'm fully aware of rapid fire pads, and the new craze that is sweeping CoD4 (god mode hack....) but exploits get patched quicker than it takes to file complaints about them. I prefer console gaming as it is much more of a hardcore gaming experience for me :)

Edit:
Also regarding gaming pads for first person shooters. Yes, it does take a while to adjust but that's exactly what you do.... you adjust. When you first picked up that mouse was it really super easy to frag everyone? And again yes, it may be a lot easier with a mouse and keyboard to kill people in fps games. As you point at the enemy from any point you were previously on the screen and it shoots at them. Where as with a game pad you have to drag your reticle over to them with resistance (analog sticks on 360) 

I have CoD4 for both 360 and pc. And on 360 it's a totally different game, you get dropped everywhere because it's far to easy to kill people. Heck you don't even have to aim for long distance shots. Just shoot.....
I do like both platforms for the game, but there's a reason why I haven't reinstalled CoD4 this time after i formatted.........It's just not worth the 10 minutes it takes to install.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 01:09:09 pm by LeeumDee »

goztow

• Havoc
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2009, 04:23:06 pm »

Everyone may have the same, but every x years a new one is released. With the current price of a ps3, you may as well buy a new / upgrade your computer.

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2009, 04:32:46 pm »

Everyone may have the same, but every x years a new one is released. With the current price of a ps3, you may as well buy a new / upgrade your computer.

That's irrelevant to my argument.
These new games systems that are released don't cross connect with the older systems for online play. You cannot join someone playing an Xbox original online while you play on your 360.

You have a valid point about consoles being released every 3/4 years, but while gaming on the system you have (be it, 360, ps3 or Wii) There wont be someone out there with an epic amazingly better 360, ps3 or wii playing against you.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #27 on: May 03, 2009, 09:54:42 pm »

A SD 40 centimetre TV versus a 50" 100hz FullHD plasma isn't an advantage?

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #28 on: May 03, 2009, 10:53:10 pm »

100hz is overkill. The consoles max at 60 on some games, and 50 on others. The standard def TV will be doing 50, so same amount of fps.

40 centimeters = 15 inches. (Thank you google)
I used to play on a 14 inch SD TV, now I play on a 32 inch HD LCD TV. I play the same.....
While playing on my friends parents 50 inch tv i played much worse, due to the fact i was laughing so hard at the size of my character and the sound blasting from the surround sound.

Just as you're splitting hairs with your post....as am I :)

But yes you're very right, a 50 inch tv (after getting used to it) Is an advantage over someone playing on a 14inch portable tv. - But when it comes to PC gaming not only will someone have a 32/42/50 inch HD Monitor but they ALSO will have quad core, blah blah 8gb ddr3 ram, latest graphics and be running the game at max fps and max detail. While you run your game at 10fps on 8mb on-board gfx card with 256mb ram.... ?  not to mention that 15crt monitor?

At least with console gaming you all have the same system specs. Even if your TV/Monitors differ. No one will be able to play the game _much_ faster and smoother than you.

(Btw, that above shit system spec was the one I used to play ren on, and I'm certain loads still do now) That's the thing with PC gaming, you can never keep up with the specs needed. Renegade is what? 4/5 years old? The needed system specs are low, yes! But playing online against people who have these kickass systems.  2560x1600 pixels and a computer than can output that res and produce 75fps? Comparing that to my old setup, 800x600 res, computer only managing to give me 30 fps, and 15 fps mid battle? That's simply unfair... That's why I prefer console gaming. - How many ways do I have to explain it? :P
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 10:56:11 pm by LeeumDee »

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2009, 10:58:49 pm »

You know that minimum gfx mem for renegade is 32 MB? Seye and I weren't able to get anything higher than 10 FPS with an 16 MB gfx.
Pages: 1 [2] 3

May 03, 2024, 01:30:08 am