Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Community Playdate: Tribes Ascend, 2012/04/08  (Read 17936 times)

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
Community Playdate: Tribes Ascend, 2012/04/08
« on: April 02, 2012, 07:27:38 am »

Some have expressed more interest in another event, so we're going to do one. Next Sunday, at "Standard Event Time" (8PM UK, 3EST, 9CEST).  Hopefully some of the people who were around but decided they were too important for BI events *glares at Sly* will turn up.  Our last event was fun, and we met some new people.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
Re: Community Playdate: Tribes Ascend, 2012/04/08
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 11:17:20 pm »

Gah, not during FS time, again! Could I persuade you to move it an hour and a half earlier?

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 02:44:35 pm »

Interesting... The FS-gameadmin placing other events at FS times?
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 04:37:32 pm »

Yes.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2012, 09:13:56 am »

I just realised I'm not going to be in the country this weekend though that shouldn't stop any of you guys from playing!  I'll have my laptop, dunno if I'll have Internet though.   I'll try to make it, depending on how Sunday works out, we may try again next week as well.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 09:25:17 am »

Then maybe move it now instead of trying to have 2 events of which 2 might fail?
Also, where are you going?
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2012, 11:24:08 am »

I don't see why a BI event should be reliant on my participation for it to work. If this week is miserable, we can retry next week.  If it goes really well, we can consider making it regular.

Also, England :(.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2012, 12:49:26 pm »

Point is that even in games we do really support we're not able to play weekly. I don't see how that would be different with this game.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2012, 02:13:37 pm »

Tribes is a very easy "drop in, drop out" game. Games don't last long, they are fairly fast paced, and it doesn't take long to load.  It's also always populated, modern (though doesn't need *too* great a PC), and FREE.  It makes it the perfect game for community events, as it's available for us all, and for people who get bored of that type of game quickly can still have fun in one or two maps before quitting.  There's also the fact that a game like this is a great game to bring non-BI friends to, and meet new people, as shown by the last week.

Also, starting to run events for games such as this is by far the most fluid and organic way of turning a "game we like to play" into a "Supported Game". 

I know for a *fact* that if I were to organise an FS event for one month from now, giving plenty notice and making sure everyone knows, we'd see less turnout for that then we will for an playdate such as this.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 06:53:04 pm »

I can't make it either, due to last-minute family plans. Sorry guys!

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 07:48:04 pm »

Tribes is a very easy "drop in, drop out" game. Games don't last long, they are fairly fast paced, and it doesn't take long to load.  It's also always populated, modern (though doesn't need *too* great a PC), and FREE.  It makes it the perfect game for community events, as it's available for us all, and for people who get bored of that type of game quickly can still have fun in one or two maps before quitting.  There's also the fact that a game like this is a great game to bring non-BI friends to, and meet new people, as shown by the last week.

Also, starting to run events for games such as this is by far the most fluid and organic way of turning a "game we like to play" into a "Supported Game". 

I know for a *fact* that if I were to organise an FS event for one month from now, giving plenty notice and making sure everyone knows, we'd see less turnout for that then we will for an playdate such as this.
Well, then let's drop FS.

Also, couldn't be there because of family things which ran late. Well, my whole day ran late.

May 03, 2024, 01:46:47 am