Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black Prophecy  (Read 24686 times)

Ati

• Patch
Black Prophecy
« on: May 24, 2010, 12:35:11 pm »

I'm sure those of you who like space sims might be interested in Black Prophecy .

What is BP?

Black Prophecy is a Massively Multiplayer Online Space Shooter with role-play elements focussing on fast and exciting real-time combat space battles.

The thing is why I brought up this game apart from the fact that it looks amazing is, that it will be entirely Free to Play. Now, before you all start saying that F2P MMOs suck, let me explain how it works at this game.
It will feature an item shop, however, all items which can be bought in it can be achieved while playing the game as well (except for some aesthetic things I believe).
So there probably won't be that case where paying players will have an advantage over non-payers.
Anyway, here is the official quote from one of the devs about the whole system:
It's true that we will earn money from the sale of virtual items in BLACK PROPHECY (as opposed to through subscription fees, selling the game in stores, or through advertisement). Besides the obvious advantages (you get to play an online game and can see its quality with your own eyes without making any sort of financial commitment), the motto here is "time is money". We're taking a lot of care to make sure that you play as long as you want to WITHOUT spending any money. That means that you have access all game content, can complete every mission and conquer every player if you invest enough time to level your character up and collect or upgrade all the items needed. This is the case with a number of our other games, because, unlike at other game companies, you've often find players at the top of the rankings that haven't spent any money to get there. Exactly how this will work is still in design, but players that buy items will not gain an advantage, they will just save time. This is especially designed with players in mind that work during the day and therefore don't have time to play for hours each day but would still like to be able to keep up with their friends or their clan.

Also, here is the gameplay trailer: <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diImiS2RKAc" target="_blank" class="new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diImiS2RKAc</a>

Well, I for one will certainly look forward to this title, will see how it turns out to be after all.  :)

Peter_Bingo

• Soldier
Re: Black Prophecy
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 09:24:28 pm »

Nice find. I may have to cancel my :) eve subscriptions to go and play this. (it's getting really lame at the moment any ways) It also reminds me of x3 terrain but that as well presented. I hope it has some sort of building aspect too it like eve online and terrain

Ati

• Patch
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2010, 10:19:07 am »

Well, it's not gonna be as complex as X3, it will be mostly action oriented. Btw, you can find the answer for the most asked questions here. ;)

Ati

• Patch
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2010, 07:33:42 am »

« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 12:03:02 pm by EvilWhiteDragon »

Blind3001

• Havoc
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 10:57:15 am »

Do want.

[17:14] Thomas45: Star Trek Scotsmen
[17:14] Blind3001: Scotty!
[17:15] Thomas45: beam me up gwynzer

Ati

• Patch

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2010, 05:00:22 pm »

Looks pretty nice, I might give it a try.

Ati

• Patch
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2010, 10:09:37 pm »

Here I am again, but this time not with a new video (there is a new trailer but it's not showing anything new we already know, you can look it up on youtube), but instead with some info from an interview about the game. Wall of text attack commencing!

- Game release expected in November 2010

- The focus of BP is to revive the "Wing Commander" game genre.

- Highly detailed character customization. Including accessories like helmets, cigarettes, etc.

- Players will start out in a tutorial, and will belong to a neutral faction.

- I'm not sure if this is the case for every mission/sector, but players will be able to equip battleships with weapons. When destroying a battleship, players will be required to do it step by step. Furthermore, working on specific units of the ship, breaking it down piece by piece.

- Barrel Rolling: Players will have full control of rolling. Whether you roll continuously or you stop mid-roll is up to the pilot.

- Game engine runs off the same one as Fallout3. The game will load the entire map before you enter. This is good once your in, but it causes longer load times initially. They are working to minimize the delay.

- The game was originally designed as a single player game. It wasn't until later on that the game company decided to morph it into a MMO. With that being said, there is a lot of depth in the story line. The game will also be great to play single player. However, the depth of the game is massive, and it will be a awesome in multi-player as well. In short, the game can appeal to a large range of gaming styles.

- Nation alignment is chosen after the tutorial/prologue.

- Ships can be upgraded piece by piece, and will also need repairs from combat.

- Modules can be upgraded for: Cockpit, shield, 2wings, 4normal weapons, engine/booster, missile launcher which will allow you to equip 2 different types of missiles.

- Appearance and Weight will change according to which upgrades you equip. This allows for unique customization from other players. Play as a slow moving tank with high damage weapons, or choose a more lightweight and faster fighter approach.

- Space station walking (using your avatar) is coming soon. Hopefully for release.

- Skill Points can be put into many different areas. Examples: The ship attribute will allow for cockpit upgrades. Energy will allow you to use upgraded energy based weapons. Tactics will allow your ship to use more advanced combat maneuvers such as loops and rolls.

- Flying maneuvers will be initiated by the player using a combo system. Example: double tapping "W" will boost your ship forward. Not all maneuvers will be spoiled. Players will have to figure out different maneuver combination through playing the game.

- Black Prophecy will have an Achievement System. it will run through Windows Live.

- Crafting requires blueprints and other materials. When a craft fails all materials are lost except for the blueprint. Materials will be obtained by mining, looting, NPC purchases. There will be an micro-shop item that will ensure the success rate of crafting.

- Gamigo wanted to make it very clear that the micro-shop will NOT be pay to win. It is simply there to "save time".

- Crafting will also have the ability to proc. on chance.

- He announced unofficially that there is big plans for around the end of September. They plan to open the doors to a LARGE influx of new closed beta participants. Keep an eye on your email inbox!

- There will be checkpoints in the game. Some missions can take up to 2-3 hours to complete. The downside to closed beta is that checkpoints aren't implemented yet. However, they will be there for release.

- Missions will have limits on how many players can join in. It is his opinion that by release, missions will hold 10-20+ players per side. Gamigo/Reakktor are tweaking this to find a good number. They want there to be a lot of action with minimal lag.

- Clan Missions will give the ability to organize your team into separate wings/groups. This will enable clans to command each other to complete multiple objectives together in groups. The main goal of clan missions will be gathering resources and impact the growth of clan stations.

- Different OPEN WORLD sectors will also be available. Open sector combat will include PvEvP. (real players and npc's). It was also stated that there is currently no limit on how many players can join each sector. However, this may change for release.

- Open Sectors will also have missions to complete. It will also announce to players when a fight breaks out.

- They weren't able to release information on the looting system. It is unknown if loot is won by last hit or amount of damage. This is something that is still being tweaked with.

- There will be no auto locking on targets. Players will need to use pure aiming skill to defeat enemies.

- Space travel to and from sectors is done from a Warp/Teleport menu.

- Marketplaces can be found across different sectors.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2010, 10:18:56 pm »

- Black Prophecy will have an Achievement System. it will run through Windows Live.

NOOOOOOOOO.  Hidden in the middle in case people saw it.

- Clan Missions will give the ability to organize your team into separate wings/groups. This will enable clans to command each other to complete multiple objectives together in groups. The main goal of clan missions will be gathering resources and impact the growth of clan stations.

Whooo!
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

Ati

• Patch
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2010, 10:30:43 pm »

NOOOOOOOOO.  Hidden in the middle in case people saw it.

Yeah, let's hope they will reconsider that, I don't like Live either...

Ati

• Patch
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2010, 06:42:33 pm »

*bumping topic*

Those who are interested, you can quickly grab a closed beta key here.

Blind3001

• Havoc
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:52 pm »

free key, be a ninja OKZNE-TIO7F-P3REG-P9RZQ

[17:14] Thomas45: Star Trek Scotsmen
[17:14] Blind3001: Scotty!
[17:15] Thomas45: beam me up gwynzer

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2010, 08:36:19 pm »

I ninja'ed your key Blind. Now downloading (which will probably take, like, forever on my crappy connection).
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Ati

• Patch
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 05:58:40 pm »

*bumping it up again*

Just letting you know that it was released yesterday, and even though it's still buggy (like, you can't progress with the main story atm because one of the main mission sectors is currently flooded with npc's, resulting in black screen by entering there) group missions are fun and challenging, and the controls are much better finally. So if anyone wants to play, you can find me on the UK server by my usual nickname. :)

Off-topic: Finally fixed my mike, the audio problems, and also installed teamspeak and BC2 again on my new comp. Yay!

April 18, 2024, 04:41:31 am