Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Teamspeak 3  (Read 53263 times)

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
Re: Teamspeak 3
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2010, 04:40:51 pm »

Tryd it i was confused like fuck in the beginning , still am at some points sound sounds good LoL.

i was trying to communicate with blind >.> and thomas  , or they didnt hear me or i was talking to a brick wall  no reactions lol :P

i wouldnt mind a swap from vent to teamspeak i only need to get used to it. and then ill be fine

Edit:
I was in the wrong channel lol thats why they didnt hear me :P but im in the good channel now and im happy jappy.

as far as that I am not a technical dude so thats why my review of it isnt super duper.

but if i look from the previous Ts and this Ts i must say that the improvement is Skyrocketing.
Like i said before i wouldnt mind a swap :D
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 04:50:47 pm by VickVenom »

Twigs

• Engineer
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2010, 05:05:04 pm »

@Twigs, you know that your opinion carries weight in matters like this, as a Regular player on BI servers and a friend of BI(most the time) in FS. I've told you, so stop pretending you don't know! :p

Well thank you for that vote of confidence. Would just like to point out that I have no issues what-soever with BI as a group. I just like killing Nooby in as embarrasing a way as possible, as often as possible and hearing him curse me :P Blind is a close favourite.

Must admit, my opinion of you all would change dramatically if you didnt make it an aim to get some modicum of revenge by teabagging me whenever I die even if you are not the killer. Particularly when you're on my bloomin team! Tea bagging a dead team mate ffs! At least you then revive me I suppose...

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2010, 12:14:54 am »

I'm guessing that we've switched to TS3 now. Maybe not though. But if we have (or will) abandon Ventrilo, someone make a "Guide to TeamSpeak 3" ASAP. I find those to be quite helpful and they save me from a lot of time.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2010, 12:23:02 am »

TS3 - Click Settings -> Setup Wizard.  You now are an expert in TS3 communications.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2010, 09:21:37 am »

LOL @ Gwynzer! Though it is pretty much true, the setup wizard is pretty nicely done and doesn't give much room for serious errors.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

goztow

• Havoc
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2010, 11:20:26 am »

Blind3001

• Havoc
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2010, 11:43:17 am »

Yeeees, I found out you guys had a ts server when i tried connecting to the BI ts server and ended up on your :p

[17:14] Thomas45: Star Trek Scotsmen
[17:14] Blind3001: Scotty!
[17:15] Thomas45: beam me up gwynzer

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2010, 01:00:45 pm »

Well, that it indeed a small problem that we haven't fixed yet. Currently it runs at port 7788, not the default port.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2010, 03:16:26 pm »

Just keep it at 9988, it's not a problem, everyone who's swapped over from vent has alreay went throught the hassle of setting up a new server... it wouldn't be an issue getting the people who come on regularly to change port, but it's often harder to find the people who only visit TS/Vent occasionally and get them to change stuff.   The kossienubs set up TS first, it's fair to allow them the default port.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2010, 05:50:51 pm »

Well, Gwynzer, while it's true that they got the default port first, they (should) use only one IP, and we have 2 of them available. I'm going to try and get our server to bind on the other IP so both servers can run at the default port.
This because it's easier for future users.

goztow

• Havoc
« Reply #25 on: January 26, 2010, 07:38:26 pm »

We are only using one ip at this moment. We updated our dns when u asked.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #26 on: January 27, 2010, 10:54:53 am »

We are only using one ip at this moment. We updated our dns when u asked.
That did not have to do with the DNS, just with the config. You had as IP 0.0.0.0 there, which means bind all IPs on the machine.

reborn

• Engineer
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 06:35:59 am »

TS3 also has a 3D sound feautre similar to mumble (Random Fact: Vent was the first system to try a 3D sound thing, but it isn't very easy to use and doesn't work quite correctly) allowing you to position where certain users sound like they are speaking from.  With the clever people we have at BI, I could imagine that TS could be customised to work with surround-sound-positioning ingame like there has been done for Mumble.

What do you mean? For example you are in the channel with another renegade player, but that team mate is diagonally left to you far away, then you hear them in that direction on your speakers?
That sounds pretty cool!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 06:39:31 am »

That was how it worked with Mumble, it may be possible for TS's 3D sound to work like that too.

reborn

• Engineer
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 02:37:38 pm »

That was how it worked with Mumble, it may be possible for TS's 3D sound to work like that too.

That sounds very cool, I have no idea how I missed that. That's really amazing. So BI made mumble able to determine the players location that was speaking in relation to other players, and then changed the sound sent to each player in the channel? That's sick! Very interesting.

//edit

Just looked and found this:

TeamSpeak 3 now features fully integrated 3D sound support which allows spatial placement of sound effects and audio streams. This creates the illusion of a sound source being placed anywhere in three dimensional space, including behind, to the left of, to the right of, above, or below the listener. The possibilities and applications of 3D sound are virtually endless with TeamSpeak 3. Other TeamSpeak users can be virtually placed around your own audible position. Place conference hosts in front of the attendees or team mates around your own player position. No special hardware is needed. Simply use your headset or 5.1/7.1 speakers to enjoy spatial sound.

This is not quite the same as mumble, I'm not convinced it would be as good as what it sounds like you already have.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:45:20 pm by reborn »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

April 16, 2024, 11:15:31 am