Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: New game?  (Read 71391 times)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
New game?
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:53:22 am »

I've heard that some people believe that we need a new game. Now I don't have any problem with that, and I think the rest of the admins don't have that either, BUT which game would you want us to host?
We would prefer a game we own ourself (ofcourse) and a game which does not have a shitload of servers that are empty already. If the game does have a shitload of empty servers, then we can still run a server for it, BUT then we will need you to fill it up.
Also, if we start a server for a game we're not completely familiar with, we will need game managers/admins.

Our server currently has more than enough capacity for most games with decent amount of players. The only real requirement regards systemspec's is that there is windows server software.

So please suggest games you want to see hosted, and also tell us how much experiance you have regards the game and hosting it.

Perhaps we will launch this server in collaberation with TheKOSs2, depending on the intrest.

We will run a trail with the game that gets named the most often. Perhaps that we will post a followup-poll on this thread.

Example games:
Unreal Tournament (99 or 3)
Counterstrike: Source
Team Fortress 2

If the server becomes popular we might start a clan for the game.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

MacKinsey

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Patch
  • /nick Fabi
Re: New game?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 11:21:10 am »

!vote Team Fortress 2

Good Idea by the way!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 11:55:18 am »

RenegadeX server?  I have TF2 and may play that with some good people... I'm probly one of the only people who bought the game and ended up really not liking it (Total lack of teamwork almost everywhere I ever play), it would be nice to play with a group of people I know once in a while though.

Tbh, no games I play I think that it would be a good idea if BI should add a Server to it.  Some of them just aren't community friendly (l4d), others have enough empty servers, and for First Strike... well, I'm already an admin and essentially the manager for its current BEST server, I don't want torn away from that :P
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

MacKinsey

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Patch
  • /nick Fabi
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 12:36:24 pm »

RenegadeX server?
Also a nice Idea, but it isnt out yet

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 12:45:18 pm »

Renegade X is a mod for UT3, so would imply running a UT3 server. Once it get's released we can always create a second server if their both in demand.

RenegadeX server?  I have TF2 and may play that with some good people... I'm probly one of the only people who bought the game and ended up really not liking it (Total lack of teamwork almost everywhere I ever play), it would be nice to play with a group of people I know once in a while though.

Tbh, no games I play I think that it would be a good idea if BI should add a Server to it.  Some of them just aren't community friendly (l4d), others have enough empty servers, and for First Strike... well, I'm already an admin and essentially the manager for its current BEST server, I don't want torn away from that :P
I have TF2 myself. I bought it for a LAN-party, and at the LAN it was very enjoyable. I really liked the amount of teamplay it demanded, while not being really complicated.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2009, 12:48:26 pm by EvilWhiteDragon »
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2009, 02:52:25 pm »

Counter strike source and call of duty four they are realy big games with masive comunity
i know this i have a public server on css we had it for 3 days and we got like 16 player average when were on. (we was 4 of them)(all it took was popular maps and user friendly mods)

and call of duty is an amazing game so is ut3 my votes for any of them as they are popular games and if we get good all three of them games have got leauges :)

and the good thing about bi is you dont worry about severs and slots u can have a public and a match
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 03:09:09 pm »

I can pick popular games, that is not the problem, but I want to know in which games you have intrests. So which game would you like to see with BlackIntel server?
If we can't start with at least a small userbase, we will not start it.

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2009, 04:01:47 pm »

Cod4
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2009, 04:57:38 pm »

Cod 4 will work :P or gears of war :P ore something

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2009, 05:03:39 pm »

hopfully liam will have it soon

stanlyspy

• Honorary Ex-Staff
  • Patch
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2009, 05:37:57 pm »

Cod 4

Or RA3
Plz :)
"<Blazer> I need to find a damn heat source I can put under blanket with me
<Blazer> I know...laptop!
<TD> i hope your laptop burns ur face off
<TD> gg"

"<DKDexter999> can I bend them?
<DKDexter999> and should it be the cbend command?"

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2009, 05:42:39 pm »

i have information about liam if you guys want to know his pc is broke his pc doesnt want to boot at all i heard him saying on xbox live ;)

Friso1nl

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Patch
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2009, 05:52:15 pm »

What a muppet...

I support whatever game as long as it is fun and someone will buy it for me... ^^

Else I support CoD 4 mostly (for PC that is)
and UT 3...
Don't knot TF 2 though.
testie
<Gwynzer> You beat renegade.
<LCII^Bun-Bun> wowzerz!
<LCII^Bun-Bun> It's Nod, not NOD, It's Nod, not NOD!
<Gwynzer> I know
<Gwynzer> I am SHOUTING NOD
<Gwynzer> BECAUSE NOD IS THE VICTOR

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2009, 05:53:07 pm »

Cod 4

Or RA3
Plz :)
RA3 doesn't need a dedicated server does it? Nor can it utilize one if I am correct.

Friso1nl

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Patch
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2009, 05:54:18 pm »

Ra 3 needs no server, plus, it smells.
testie
<Gwynzer> You beat renegade.
<LCII^Bun-Bun> wowzerz!
<LCII^Bun-Bun> It's Nod, not NOD, It's Nod, not NOD!
<Gwynzer> I know
<Gwynzer> I am SHOUTING NOD
<Gwynzer> BECAUSE NOD IS THE VICTOR
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

March 19, 2024, 04:39:49 am