Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Favorite Meal(s)  (Read 22870 times)

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
Re: Favorite Meal(s)
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2010, 03:39:59 pm »

i love alll NOM NOM NOM NOM

italian = pizza past ice scream spagetti :)
chinese = rice noodles chicken balls anything
english = full english breakfast its like a heart attack on a plate XD

i need to eat healthier realy :(
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

Blind3001

• Havoc
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2010, 04:33:18 pm »

Would anyone be surprised if I said chips? Being Belgian and all :P

[17:14] Thomas45: Star Trek Scotsmen
[17:14] Blind3001: Scotty!
[17:15] Thomas45: beam me up gwynzer

Twigs

• Engineer
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2010, 07:30:44 pm »

Would anyone be surprised if I said chips? Being Belgian and all :P

Probably with mayo.

Though I must admit, cheesy chips are good.

reborn

• Engineer
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2010, 06:03:38 pm »

One of the best, is salmon served with spaghetti and a special vegetable sauce that tasted unbelievably good.

Vegetable sauce? Are you sure that isn't water cress sauce? With some White truffles (or white truffle cooking oil if too expensive) that would make the meal even better! :-D

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 12:28:57 am »

I ate some snails once (COOKED, for those morons who thought I ate them raw) and they were delicious! I really like pumpkin pie and lemon merang (how doo eye spel dat) pie too.

reborn

• Engineer
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2010, 11:50:29 am »

I ate snails in Brussels, with a Garlic sauce. I thought they wasn't very nice, the texture was horrible, and the garlic sauce was nothing special, I wouldn't try them again. However I followed it up with a rabbit patè and that was nice, lovely actually.

DKDexter999

• Danish man. Irish hero. Lover of beer.
  • Honorary Ex-Staff
  • Mobile Artillery driver
  • YES! It's me, in womans clothes - so laugh NOW...
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2010, 02:50:12 pm »

Vegetable sauce? Are you sure that isn't water cress sauce? With some White truffles (or white truffle cooking oil if too expensive) that would make the meal even better! :-D

He follows this recipe (that I don't know, but could get and post...) and then filters out the vegetables. He then uses the vegetables for for instance a meat sauce or stew or something...

And I'm quite sure it's not watercress soup nor sauce... mostly because it turns out red, and it contains tomatoes and carrots, and lots of other stuff...
DKDexter999
-
The greatly exaggerated Great Dane

reborn

• Engineer
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2010, 09:12:53 am »

I said watercress as that is traditional, but if we all cooked traditionaly we wouldn't have chilli chocolate...

You should post this delicious sounding recipe, infact we could all post our own fave personal recipes.

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2010, 09:17:24 am »

Recipe?

My Vegetable Quorn pasta is easy. And the Quorn can obviously substituted for meat for the meat eaters.

All the ingredients needed:
Tinned tomatoes
Fresh tomatoes
Tomato paste
Quorn pieces
Fresh Peppers
Onions
Cucumber
Fresh Spinach (not tinned! >.>)
Garlic

And for taste, according to how you like it:

Garlic powder
Chili powder
Black Peppers
Salt

Pretty simple to make, throw everything in a pan. After lightly frying onions and Quorn. Use spinach to top off after serving :P

reborn

• Engineer
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2010, 10:16:56 am »

Home made Tomato soup:

One large table spoon of green basil pesto
basil leaves
1 tbsp butter
5 soft sun-dried or SunBlush tomatoes, roughly chopped
2-3 sticks of celery, chopped
3 cans of plum tomatoes
2 medium Onions, chopped
Half a pint/500ml of vegatable stock (I cheat and use those know veg stock pots)
1 garlic cloves , crushed
1 tsp sugar
150ml soured cream
Pinch of salt
Pinch of pepper

Stick the contects of the tomato cans in a sauce-pan and cook on a medium heat, do not let it boil.
Add in the sugar, garlick and the stock.
When the contents is getting hot I then pan pry the Onions for a little while till they are cooked, then add the chopped celery and tomotoes. After 5 or so minutes this is added to the sauce-pan.
I then add the cream and gently stir it in bit by bit.
I then add and stir in half of the pesto.

Just before it all starts to boil I sling it in a liquidiser/blender, adding salt/pepper to taste.
Pour into a bowl to serve, then generally dress the top of the soup with the rest of the pesto, and a little bit of a White twirl from some cream.
Normally I've also got some crusty bread from the bakers too.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 02:46:42 am »

@Twigs: Your recipe sounds delicious. My dad will make in a couple days. He agrees with me on this one.

@reborn: Tomato soup is always great. I haven't had any in a long time... If I make it, I won't use any celery. Celery is poison.  :o

@Dexter: Salmon is the best fish to eat. No exceptions. Pasta is great with anything. What is your special vegetable sauce?

@Most of you: I'll eat anything italian. Most days we eat pasta, really good with fresh ingredients and cooked ingredients (together).

One of the greatest meals and it will probably kill you if you eat to much (in the long run): POUTINE. Or do you guys call it messy fries? Anyway, french fries, cheese curds, drenched in gravy sauce. You can add other stuff like meat and so on.

I've never bothered to figure out how to use the quote system, I should check it out.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 07:39:56 am »

Using the quote button perhaps? Then you get the quote either in your quick reply window or in a new window.

On favourite food: Not too sure, anything which has been decently cooked in general. Although I'm not a fan of fish mostly.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!
Pages: 1 [2]

April 25, 2024, 09:12:29 am