Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Our old CPU (Core 2 Duo E4300) for sale!  (Read 16413 times)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
Our old CPU (Core 2 Duo E4300) for sale!
« on: June 06, 2009, 09:46:23 am »

As you'll probably know, we've upgraded our CPU to a Core 2 Quad Q6700, so now we got a CPU to spare. We're now offering it to our beloved community. We're doing so with an action. So if you're intrested you can bid on the CPU.

Bidding is done by sending me a PM, because we don't want a pissing contest of who can bid more. I will note the highest bid in this post. All bids are without sending, because the costs of that will vary between different places.

I'll post pictures later today.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
Re: Our old CPU (Core 2 Duo E4300) for sale!
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2009, 01:37:12 pm »

lol quite auction the worst type :O
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 01:41:31 pm »

lol quite auction the worst type :O

a QUIET auction is indeed really bad. They're generally used in order to gain more money for the item than what is needed, for instance charity events etc.

Why don't you try eBay? there is a fee for listing and closing bid fee but if you have no other options, it can be okay :)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:06:23 pm »

It's not a quiet action, because I WILL list the highest bid. I will just not name who did that bid.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

goztow

• Havoc
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2009, 03:29:56 pm »

The reason we first post on our forums is because we want to give our own members the first possibility to bid and do a bargain. If we wanted the highest possible price, we'd have put it on tweakers or ebay immediately. Believe it or not, but it's an offer we want to do towards our people :).

Refue11er

• Shotgunner
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2009, 09:34:39 am »

The reason we first post on our forums is because we want to give our own members the first possibility to bid and do a bargain. If we wanted the highest possible price, we'd have put it on tweakers or ebay immediately. Believe it or not, but it's an offer we want to do towards our people :).

Just to clarify - "our people" means BI and TK2 people.

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 09:23:09 pm »

I wasn't insinuating that you were trying to get the highest possible price out of the community, although admittedly i know it seemed that way. I was just thinking that there may have been a better way to sell it via the forums, other than pm method.

However being the broke student (and probably not the only one around here :P) It was just my input for others who are interested and can follow through with a bid :)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2009, 09:32:35 pm »

Well, as said, we (BI and TK2 admins) decided that it shouldn't be a contest about who has more to spend or w/e. Therefor we didnt want to have a public action.

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2009, 10:57:43 pm »

i bet 50p !!
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 05:25:08 pm »

*bump*

No offers have been placed as of yet.
If I don't get any serious offers within a week I'll be putting it up for sale elsewhere.

April 29, 2024, 12:29:16 am