Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: problem  (Read 58809 times)

shaitan67

• Soldier
Re: problem
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2009, 01:45:40 am »

I moderate there, and was there the day Jamie got banned. I am saying "no need to be rude" based on the "liars" comments. I do not recall attacking anyone with my statement. There is always more than one side to a story.
Evil, I did not register just to post, I have been registered here since January.

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2009, 02:12:43 am »

Here we go....

I was not being "rude" as you put it. I was trying to asses the situation.
Given that Nunega claimed he wasn't cheating (and i stress 'claimed') It seems the only possible explanation in this tiny world is, the logs have been tampered with.

Saying that, given Nunegas (jamie) reputation around here, I'm certain it would not surprise anyone if he was cheating. Just the fact that he said he wasn't, people (including me) we're trying to cover all the options. If indeed there are more options, (as you are implying there are) please enlighten us.

Plus Biatch is not to blame in this situation, so it really shouldn't be discussed here?

edit: oh hang on, just to make sure my message doesn't cause' offense I'll add one of these at the end of it.   That works right?
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 02:15:56 am by LeeumDee »

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2009, 08:50:29 am »

Here we go....

I was not being "rude" as you put it. I was trying to asses the situation.
Given that Nunega claimed he wasn't cheating (and i stress 'claimed') It seems the only possible explanation in this tiny world is, the logs have been tampered with.

Saying that, given Nunegas (jamie) reputation around here, I'm certain it would not surprise anyone if he was cheating. Just the fact that he said he wasn't, people (including me) we're trying to cover all the options. If indeed there are more options, (as you are implying there are) please enlighten us.

Plus Biatch is not to blame in this situation, so it really shouldn't be discussed here?

edit: oh hang on, just to make sure my message doesn't cause' offense I'll add one of these at the end of it.   That works right?

true

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2009, 09:00:41 am »

I moderate there, and was there the day Jamie got banned. I am saying "no need to be rude" based on the "liars" comments. I do not recall attacking anyone with my statement. There is always more than one side to a story.
Evil, I did not register just to post, I have been registered here since January.
Ok, my appologies for that then, but I hope you can agree that "no need to be rude" without further explanation does seem a bit weird for a first post eh?

Let it be clear that we're not calling anyone a liar, we're just thinking up what might be the reason. We know BIATCH doesn't fail in damage detection, we know that nune said that the admin doesn't want to talk about it (seems odd imho), and we know that nune says he didn't cheat. Granted, the last thing is very doubtful, but we do need to consider the consequences.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

shaitan67

• Soldier
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2009, 09:00:07 pm »

Believe me, when Jamie came to me about this that day, the first thought I had was unbanning him. Thinking maybe, just maybe, the admin banned in error(and yeah I would've unbanned). I also have explored the "fudging of the log" theory, which I came to that day as well. One thing that stands out refuting that is: after me asking the owner for a BIATCH relay into the channel, he was quick enough to make me one. Why would he lie, and then do as I asked as soon as he could?
I was shown the BIATCH logs, and I looked at the ingame logs. Jamie's story didn't add up, he never had an obelisk gun(that isn't the only inconsistency either). The obelisk on that server only does 350 damage, just so you know.

My short comment to you all(not just one person here) was because quite honestly I was busy that night. I didn't have much free time, and I didn't want to make a huge speech. So I kept it simple.
There's more I could add here, but I really want to get some stuff done tonight.

LeeumDee your sarcasm is duly noted, filed, trashed, and forgotten. Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 09:16:34 pm by shaitan67 »

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #35 on: May 28, 2009, 09:57:04 pm »

The obelisk on that server only does 350 damage, just so you know.

Indicating modified game files, i.e. a damage hack.  BIATCH wouldn't detect it if the gun was doing what it was meant to do (firing an obelisk projectile that does 350 damage).  The weapon fired wasn't using the obelisk projectile, it was using BlamoKiller - the projectile that can destroy PCT's and AGT sentry guns.  Unless your obelisk gun can do this, Jamie was cheating, or someone was direct connecting with his nickname to cheat.

Just so you know, we have had incidents with NuneGa in the past for what we, BlackIntel, and our partner community, The KOSS2, consider cheating.  The log being real isn't that hard for us to belive.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 10:21:57 pm by Gwynzer »
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #36 on: May 28, 2009, 10:02:01 pm »

LeeumDee your sarcasm is duly noted, filed, trashed, and forgotten. Have a nice day.

You forgot the  '8)'
NOW im offended. Oh deary me.

If you have modified damage weapons, im pretty certain that you shouldn't run BIATCH, well at least should not rely on its damage hack prevention messages.

Just so you know, we have had incidents with NuneGa in the past for what we, BlackIntel, and our partner community, The KOSS2, consider cheating.  The log being real isn't that hard for us to belive.
To clarify, Gwynzer means: When Nunega (Jaime) was a member of our allied clan (the koss 2) he joined our server under one nick, then joined on another nick and donated himself his 400 start credits then left. Giving himself an unfair advantage over other players. He later refused to apologise and after many conversations was banned.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2009, 10:06:29 pm by LeeumDee »

shaitan67

• Soldier
« Reply #37 on: May 28, 2009, 10:31:07 pm »

Indicating modified game files, i.e. a damage hack.  BIATCH wouldn't detect it if the gun was doing what it was meant to do (firing an obelisk projectile that does 350 damage).  The weapon fired wasn't using the obelisk projectile, it was using BlamoKiller - the projectile that can destroy PCT's and AGT sentry guns.  Unless your obelisk gun can do this, it was a cheat, or someone direct connecting with his nickname to cheat.

I know it was blamo, I brought that up due to Nune saying it was the obelisk gun/pistol/chain.
It was him, after he was booted, he PM'd me in irc. While I was still chatting between him,Strike, and Xpert, he had joined another server using that same nick/ip/serial. If you notice from his second post he doesn't deny it was him.
If this was something like RR, we probably wouldn't even be discussing this. Considering that one gives off more errors than I have ever seen. BIATCH on the other hand, has been pretty good at giving moderators hardly any errors.

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #38 on: May 28, 2009, 10:51:30 pm »

If you have modified damage weapons, im pretty certain that you shouldn't run BIATCH, well at least should not rely on its damage hack prevention messages.
You definitely should, and BIATCH is just as trustworthy as on a non-modified server. However, the raw damage values may not be touched, and there is no reason to change them anyway since they do not affect anything except for server side damageable objects (basically, that only includes buildings, not even turrets). Even if you want to change building damage, changing the raw damage is not the best way to do it. Either way; a blamo killer warhead with such damage values is not normal, with or without mods.

Jamie

• Soldier
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2009, 10:04:31 pm »

I didn't cheat, already concluded there was no way to prove that so haven't visited these forums in almost a week.

I did not get a pistol kill at all nor destroy and vehicle with one.
I have never used anything I would consider a cheat in anything other than private servers.

Regardless this was caused either by a biatch bug or by a admin who was sick of getting killed a lot.
used to go by nunega...

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2009, 10:46:43 pm »

The chance of a BIATCH bug is very low. It would be the first time it showed up, and since it has existed for a while now that is unlikely. Also, this would be rather weird output for a bug anyway, since it doesn't just get the 100000 and warhead 24 out of nowhere.

Afaik, MP-Gaming is a decent server with a good reputation, it's highly unlikely that someone tampered with the logs. To be sure, I'll ask Reborn, whom I fully trust, to check them.

So it's really most likely that you cheated. The only possibility that seems to be left is that you used cheats in a private server and forgot to turn them off or something. Either way, I do indeed not see any possibility for you to prove that you were not cheating; all the odds are definitely against you here.

Therefore I close this topic. If there is any new info or some kind of prove that you did not cheat, PM me and I will of course reopen the topic and/or post the information.

[edit]
Reborn confirmed the logs.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 11:24:26 am by StealthEye »
Pages: 1 2 [3]

March 29, 2024, 05:01:50 am