Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: red forums?  (Read 17189 times)

shippo

• Technician
red forums?
« on: May 12, 2009, 12:49:07 pm »

for the forums, do you think we could make the white lettering and anything else, red? after all this is black intel (form of black hand) I think red would be cool  :)

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
Re: red forums?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 01:04:36 pm »

It really wouldn't fit with the color scheme.
Depending on what shade of red we use it would barely contrast nor blend well with the monotone blues that we have a lot of.

The blues, blacks and whites we use really blend well. To add an additional color which most certainly could only contrast these colors; might look a little strange if you ask me.

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 01:40:23 pm »

Some shades of red look well; we use it as strong-color, see the download page for example. All text in red or all headings in red will be way too much though. You can try it with a custom stylesheet if you know how. ;)

LeeumDee

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:53:24 pm »

Some shades of red look well; we use it as strong-color, see the download page for example. All text in red or all headings in red will be way too much though. You can try it with a custom stylesheet if you know how. ;)

I see it as a "note" on the downloads page, but no where else.
Btw, as an extra observation trying to navigate through the main pages is somewhat like a maze at the moment. It's really confusing.

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2009, 10:05:13 pm »

red draws attension leave it to do that not making things look good
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2009, 10:14:08 pm »

I see it as a "note" on the downloads page, but no where else.
Btw, as an extra observation trying to navigate through the main pages is somewhat like a maze at the moment. It's really confusing.
I'm talking about that note; it does fit in well, but only because it's used infrequently. Same goes for the link color. It looks good, but if all text would be blue it would be horrible. :p

Any suggestions for a better page structure? We're aware that it's not very clear, we tried to improve it a little but would certainly like to improve it more. :)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2009, 07:28:56 am »

I'm talking about that note; it does fit in well, but only because it's used infrequently. Same goes for the link color. It looks good, but if all text would be blue it would be horrible. :p

Any suggestions for a better page structure? We're aware that it's not very clear, we tried to improve it a little but would certainly like to improve it more. :)
I think we already succeeded in improving it over our "old" layout :P But yeah, it could probably be better in small aspects.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

May 02, 2024, 12:13:40 am