Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: BI meeting summer 2009!  (Read 49560 times)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
BI meeting summer 2009!
« on: April 02, 2009, 01:25:42 pm »

This post is meant as a enthusiasm check for a BlackIntel meeting. This meet would be held in the Netherlands. A possible location would be this. I think that we should be able to get around 15 to 20 people. With that amount of people the estimated price would be around 150 euros including food, drinks and paint balling. With more people it is cheaper, as the accommodation would relatively cheaper.

We will invite TheKOSs2 as well, because we (the admins) have met them on their meet in 2008 and 2007. We find them to be enjoyable people, although sometimes this may appear to not be the case (particularly online).

If there are enough people we might go for the 40 person housing, but for now I think that 22 person housing would be enough. Let me know what you think of this, and vote if you intend to come. Date will be determined at a later date.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:56:55 am by EvilWhiteDragon »
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
Re: BI meeting summer 2009!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2009, 01:41:04 pm »

The idea of the fact this is a BI meeting with invited kossies sounds more appealing to me (no insult intended, old farts).  I rekon we'll have enough members to sustain this on our own now, instead of just being invited to a different communities meeting.  The fact we have members spread over multiple games (more outisde of Ren than in, now), means most of our peeps wouldn't even considering going to that meeting, there are more advantages for us to host it ourself, now.

I'm in, but only considering the date is "right" for me.  I've got other plans for summer, and I can only take so many holidays, but its possible those of us involved in said plans will be able to combine both them and this meet, we'll see.  Would probably work out cheaper and easier overall, too.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 02:15:46 pm by Gwynzer »
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

goztow

• Havoc
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 03:10:00 pm »

There are no specific plans to organize a KOSs2 meeting this year, which is why it's convenient for us to aggregate to a BI meeting :). I wont be there due to family events, but I hope you'll have a lot of participants and can't wait to see pictures!

Thomas45

• Technician
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2009, 03:12:25 pm »

I can't go because I am not old enough to drink.
The other Scottish guy who is actually Irish

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 03:16:44 pm »

im going
and james want to go as he is technicaly in the bi ut3 section
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 03:19:02 pm »

Not an excuse... I don't drink, nor does Trace. ;)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2009, 03:49:40 pm »

Let it be clear that it won't be about just drinking, or at least not alcohol. It's certainly NOT needed to have a good time at something like this. If you DO think you need it to have a good time I suggest to stay at home :+.

Also, for the people that do plan on drinking, don't get yourself wasted, like Dex did last year :+
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2009, 03:52:11 pm »

There are no specific plans to organize a KOSs2 meeting this year, which is why it's convenient for us to aggregate to a BI meeting :). I wont be there due to family events, but I hope you'll have a lot of participants and can't wait to see pictures!
Perhaps you could visit for a day or something like that? From what I can find out it should be a 2 hours drive for you or so?

Blind3001

• Havoc
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2009, 04:03:04 pm »

If it involves me paying money, I can't come.

[17:14] Thomas45: Star Trek Scotsmen
[17:14] Blind3001: Scotty!
[17:15] Thomas45: beam me up gwynzer

bladezz

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2009, 04:14:48 pm »

As ste said i would be interested in comming... assuming no one has a problem with this as i am quite new around here.

James

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 04:17:46 pm »

If it involves me paying money, I can't come.
That's a bit cheap imho, but yeah, you do need to pay for a sleeping place and food. We're unfortunately not rich either so we don't want to lose (much) money on this.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2009, 04:18:29 pm »

As ste said i would be interested in comming... assuming no one has a problem with this as i am quite new around here.

James
ALL BI members are welcome, so none should have a problem with this ;)

MacKinsey

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Patch
  • /nick Fabi
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2009, 08:55:46 pm »

Let it be clear that it won't be about just drinking, or at least not alcohol. It's certainly NOT needed to have a good time at something like this. If you DO think you need it to have a good time I suggest to stay at home :+.

Also, for the people that do plan on drinking, don't get yourself wasted, like Dex did last year :+
If it is after August i am allowed to drink, but i know that it isnt just a drink meeting.
The main problem is, I am still under 18 so i am not allowed to travel without a yes of my parents.
A few other problems are:
- My parents wouldnt say yes, because they (and me) dont know you in RL
- Google says its about 450 km far away from my town, a bit long way to walk/drive with my bike
- I cant say to my chef that i want holidays from this week to that week, since i am still at school
I could add a few more points...
I voted NO

Trace

• Honorary Ex-Staff
  • Havoc
« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2009, 09:00:37 pm »

Sad mac, but understandable.
My parents didn't like me going to TK2 meet last year, but I kinda told them to get lost (not litterally, but we came to a point on which they said: we don't want you to go but we won't stop you, and on which I said: i don't care, i'm going :P)
For the drinking: indeed, no need to drink, alltho I really don't believe drinking is bound to an age, maybe buying drinks is, but you CAN drink at all ages and SHOULD drink at none of them ;) (when talking about alcoholic drinks obv)
I have quite a few things planned this summer, but I hope we can find a date on which I certainly will come.

And @mac: you don't have summer holidays?
[23:58:41] <~EvilWhiteDragon> I want to go to town and get drunk
[23:58:53] <~EvilWhiteDragon> why wont any of my friends answer my sms
[23:59:15] <Trace> cuz u dont have any friends?
[00:02:12] * You were kicked from #BI-Moderators by EvilWhiteDragon (FU)

MacKinsey

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Patch
  • /nick Fabi
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2009, 10:15:27 pm »

And @mac: you don't have summer holidays?
Summer Holidays in RLP:
13.07.09-21.08.09
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

March 19, 2024, 04:48:24 am