Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: E3 2016  (Read 58616 times)

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
Re: E3 2016
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2016, 04:51:20 pm »

They just revealed that you can bypass almost the entire story by rushing to the final boss. Plus, what with the means of traveling pretty much everywhere you want to go, this game will have staying power.

Edit: One of my favorite open worlds is from Shadow of the Colossus, might actually be my favorite. And yet there is almost nothing to do in that open world if you traveling, but it's worth it just for the sights.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:55:01 pm by Slyfox_Elite »

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2016, 06:57:20 pm »

still playing catch up on a few things but I really wasn't too interested in most of the shows thus far.

Ubi:
-For Honor had a fun alpha test a few months ago.  If they've polished it more and I get to play it again I will, but it's basically a MOBA at the end of the day, and I'm not a huge fan of MOBAs.  I doubt it's something worth buying at full price, but may still pick it up in a sale later on.  Depends on how they handle DLCs which I'm 100% positive the game will have after seeing the menu systems in the alpha.

-Still have no interest in the watchdogs IP.  didn't play the first and the 2nd one doesn't really look that interesting. 

-GR: Wildlands I thought was going to be more unique than what was showed.  Looks like another generic ubi title.  When they do unique things like For Honor or R6: Siege I'll pay attention, but this just looks meh now after me being slightly hyped for it last year.

Sony:
-Best show overall that I've seen in terms of production value.  Wow.

-God of War is a great IP and all 3 games were epic.  Sure the new one will be the same.  Still probably won't play it for quite a while.

-COD4 remastered I would have cared about like 6 years ago.  Now it's clearly just a money grab because people are getting tired of the same formula they've used since that game.  Don't care, move on with life.  The people that made the games up to COD4 have left, IW is a shadow of what it once was, this is lame.

-New Kojima IP just seems like a "hey look Norman Reedus" money grab.  I mean it's a Kojima IP so it'll probably be decent since he's not being held down by Konami anymore, but this just seems a bit forced.

Nintendo:
-they spent hours talking about like 2 games and more amiibos.  I agree with Tae, why do they even bother anymore.  New Zelda looks at least ambitious and I might like it if the NX ends up being a reasonable piece of kit and not another motion controlled gimmick, but I'm really thinking they aren't going to be doing anything relevant outside of Japan once again.  Meh all around.

-as to Sly's comment about being able to skip to the end, imo that's a really really bad thing to do for an IP like Zelda that has the ability to have such a great world built around it with good puzzles and NPCs.  If you can just skip a good chunk of the content then why bother playing such an atmospheric game?  It would be like being able to just skip half of Dragon Age Origins or Mass Effect or the Witcher. 

other:
-CDPR making a Gwent standalone is cool as Gwent was a fun minigame in what I've played of Witcher 3.  Probably won't get it but just confirming that CDPR is probably the top of my favorite devs list and will stay for years to come.  Wish we got Cyberpunk 2077 info though.

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2016, 10:58:57 pm »

-as to Sly's comment about being able to skip to the end, imo that's a really really bad thing to do for an IP like Zelda that has the ability to have such a great world built around it with good puzzles and NPCs.  If you can just skip a good chunk of the content then why bother playing such an atmospheric game?  It would be like being able to just skip half of Dragon Age Origins or Mass Effect or the Witcher. 

It's not something I ever do on a first playthrough, but options are always welcome. Besides, many people eventually get tired of story content (sadly) and may decide to finish the game at the mid point or whatever. I don't see why you think it's a bad decision, because you would have to go out of your way to be affected by it.
Pages: 1 [2]

March 29, 2024, 03:25:09 pm