Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: E3 2016  (Read 58582 times)

Taeng

• Patch
E3 2016
« on: June 07, 2016, 05:39:58 pm »

So with E3 being less than a week away and it being pretty quiet around here I thought now was a great time to make an E3 thread. Feel free to post predictions, hopes and dreams (soon to be crushed), reveals and Todd Howard memes.

E3 2016 Press Conferences Schedule:
  • EA: Sunday 16:00 EST/21:00 BST
  • Bethesda: Sunday 22:00 EST/03:00 BST
  • Microsoft: Monday 12:30 EST/17:30 BST
  • PC Gaming Show: Monday 15:00 EST/20:00 BST
  • Ubisoft: Monday 16:00 EST/21:00 BST
  • Sony: Monday 21:00 EST/02:00 BST
  • Nintendo: Tuesday 12:00 EST/17:00 BST

So here are a few things we might see this year and just a quick reminder of games that still exist:

New consoles? or more appropriately ''console of choice.5'' It seems more likely that Sony will be the one to reveal their ''.5'' console, I don't really know much about these new consoles though. I'm sure if they are revealed the reception will be interesting either way.

Where the games at? So I expect more Final Fantasy, I've lost count of all these FF related projects recently but the obvious ones being FFXV and FFVll remake. Hopefully we get to see more of FFVll in particular, I don't really have any interest in the game but I'm really interested to see what they do with it.   

Have you prayed to our lord and saviour Mr Hideo Kojima? He's going to be closing out Sony's press conference this year. Screenshot this shit. Ok, that's unlikely but I definitely think Sony will bring him on stage just to remind us that he's still alive and working on a game (exclusive?) for their platform.

Games that I'm personally excited for? Halo Wars 2, really enjoyed the first but never expected a sequel.
Ghost Recon Wildlands, haven't heard anything about it since last E3, hopefully we'll see more this year.
Last Guardian? Shenmue 3? who am I kidding.

You guys care about VR? No? Too bad because Phil Spencer and whoever Sony wheels out are going to be hammering home just how Innovative and Revolutionary it is and how VR technology will find a New Home on their (new?) platforms for an hour straight.

I also predict Nintendo will once again leave us all disappointed even though they have a new console to reveal (which they won't).

I kept it short, there are more games I'd like to see/discuss but I'd be here all day. Would really appreciate any and all contributions to the thread, let me see you get your hopes up so I can laugh at you when they reveal a mobile game of your favourite franchise/series. Also if anybody wants to hang out and watch the conferences together Sunday or Monday that would be neat.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
Re: E3 2016
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2016, 06:19:45 pm »

From EA, we'll be seeing Battlefront 2, probably. I'm also hoping to see the next batch of SW games in general, we know they are working on another RPG, and rumours are a 3rd person shooter + one further rumoured but unknown title.  Hopefully more info on Battlefield One.

Bethesda, meh. Why do they have their own show?  It's too soon for a Doom or Fallout game, and at their normal pace I'd be surprised if they give us an Elder Scrolls. FO4 was so poo I don't expect anything good from them, maybe just some stuff on the next Dishonoured game which is confirmed but no details yet.

Microsoft: Console poo.

PCGS: That wasnt total shit last time, and a very different format to the other presentations. Not sure what to expect, but I certainly don't expect any of the "big reveals" on that show.

Ubi:  Wildlands I'm looking forward to. They're not doing an Assassins Creed this year, and they just did a Farcry, not sure what to expect. Watch Dogs 2 maybe? :+  Probably will be heavily about Division DLC.

Sony: Interested to see what's coming next from naughty dog. Another game in the The Last Of Us universe has been confirmed, I'd like to see some more of that.  We'll probably also get some No Mans Sky footage (overhyped boring sounding game of the year right there)

Nintendo: lol.

Honestly this year, no idea where things will go. Of course no doubt like last year we'll be getting all of the announcements this week leading up to E3 so the show itself has no reveals.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2016, 07:02:21 pm »

nintendo will maybe show their new console.  I want to see if I can keep slagging them for another year for not giving a shit about anyone outside of japan, but mostly a don't care.

hoping CDPR shows off something for cyberpunk 2077.  now that the last witcher 3 expansion is out it's their next main title so hopefully they start giving something other than a 3 year old teaser trailer (that is still an awesome teaser).  I'd settle for concept art even at this point, just want to see where they are going with it.

hoping real unscripted gameplay of BF1 is shown so I know if I should actually pay attention or blow off this BF release until mid 2017 when it actually works.  otherwise EA isn't doing anything I care about.

after becoming extremely disappointed in the way the devs drove the division, I'm not too keen on anything ubi is doing at the moment.  may pay attention to wildlands and for honor (played the alpha for that and it was fun for a giggle in short bursts) if they are shown.

square enix, well we've got deus ex mankind divided I'm interested in and the FFVII remake and FFXV.  deus ex is due out at the end of august so we'll likely get some goodies on it.  FFXV is due out in september so it'll probably get a big spot as well.  FFVII release isn't going to happen this year and maybe not even next year so probably just some more teasing.

sony I really don't care about anything they are doing unless it's related to FF or Gran Turismo. 

MS I simply could not care less about.  probably will be a lot of EA stuff since IIRC EA has a deal with MS.

bethesda is another don't care, I doubt they are going to have anything major anyways unless it's a big FO4 expansion or teasing a new elder scrolls title.

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

Taeng

• Patch
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 05:19:54 pm »

From EA, we'll be seeing Battlefront 2
It feels so strange reading that. Considering it was a Star Wars game and a new addition to the battlefront series it just passed by and now we're on to a ''sequel'' already. It's just strange looking back and seeing how little impact the game had.

Bethesda, meh. Why do they have their own show?
I really enjoyed Bethesda's show last year, probably because they had so much to reveal/show. There are a few rumoured games so it might be as interesting as last year. Some sort of Fallout DLC will be shown but I don't care. Apparently Bethesda are also set to announce a Skyrim remaster which just completely baffles me, why would they choose to remaster their latest elder scrolls game? With just how similar Fallout 4 looked to Skyrim it's going to look like garbage, thanks to Bethesda using the same engine for the last ten years. It's said to include all of the DLC and some mods, it just seems like a lazy cash grab to me. There is no reason what so ever to buy this on PC, it's purely for console players to experience some mods for Skyrim. Just make a new game with a new engine already.

hoping real unscripted gameplay of BF1 is shown
I imagine we'll be seeing a decent chunk of gameplay what with the multiplayer teaser trailer they released earlier this week. I still don't understand why everyone seems so excited for the game though, I get that it was a neat trailer, I get that people are tired of the current modern/futuristic setting but everyone seems to forget that DICE's previous releases over the past few years have been far from perfect. 

As is custom with E3 now, everything gets leaked/released during the week before E3 so here are some trailers for some of the bigger games.

Watchdogs 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixDxJ_X1pfo
While I think it was an ok trailer all I could think about while watching is how much I don't want to play this game, I can't stand the whole hipster hacker revolution bullshit but that's just me personally, still an alright trailer.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_bhXcjU9AE
A prologue to a game that will never be finished.

Dues Ex: Mankind Divided - Breach Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYBjZAhxmlA

Horizon Zero: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4-FCsiF5x4
Remember this from last year, looks neat even if most of the dialogue in the trailer was just bad.

Yooka-Laylee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1gxLvbX3Ow

Agents of Mayhem: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8sFlno9Fs0
Thought the trailer was kind of shit but I included it because ''Ahoy Motherfuckers''

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 05:38:04 pm »

While I think it was an ok trailer all I could think about while watching is how much I don't want to play this game, I can't stand the whole hipster hacker revolution bullshit but that's just me personally, still an alright trailer.

Yuck indeed. The Hipster-hacker was KINDA a thing in WD1, but it wasn't completely thrown in your face. Here it looks ridiculous.  I looked at the gameplay trailer for it and it just looked like poo

Playing through co-op might be fun though.

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2016, 06:52:37 pm »

I imagine we'll be seeing a decent chunk of gameplay what with the multiplayer teaser trailer they released earlier this week. I still don't understand why everyone seems so excited for the game though, I get that it was a neat trailer, I get that people are tired of the current modern/futuristic setting but everyone seems to forget that DICE's previous releases over the past few years have been far from perfect. 

I'm not so much excited for it as I am slightly interested to see if it's just a copy of BF4 without the lock on nonsense, a copy of battlefront and complete poo, or actually having decent unique mechanics for things.  Just the fact that they didn't go modern/futuristic with it makes me believe it has a better chance of being a decent game rather than the unbalanced crap we've been getting since BC2.  But I want to see real game footage before thinking it's going to be worth the purchase or not.  I expect to be disappointed because DICE has only disappointed me since BC2 but hey maybe I'll be wrong.

Also because GC things which really doesn't impact anyone here other than me and gwyn. 

Dues Ex: Mankind Divided - Breach Trailer:

This seems kinda cool and kinda lame at the same time.  Still excited for the game because I like the series but not sure if this is what I'm really wanting to play.  Hopefully it's a "sidequest" sort of deal that isn't majorly featured in the main story because I didn't ask for this.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 08:24:49 pm »

Seen some comments that this year we may be seeing a lot of VR stuff, that could be interesting

Now if if only I could afford VR stuff.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 10:54:29 pm »

I'll skip most presentations as usual, but I'll watch Nintendo's stuff and be disappointed, as usual.

I find it much more enjoyable to read about all the new announcements, that way I can avoid the fake smiles and the "we are so cool" bullcrap.

Taeng

• Patch
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2016, 03:24:35 pm »

that way I can avoid the fake smiles and the "we are so cool" bullcrap.
Nobody watches E3 for the games, they watch it for magical moments like this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08G1HFHllrU

Also a much better Deus Ex gameplay demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aUn6cyh9-Ic

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2016, 11:08:15 pm »

EA had a 64 player game going of BF1 in their livestream today, and it actually made me feel a little bit better about the game.  there's classes, vehicles are real, the zeppelin is apparently player controlled, etc.  I did feel it was a bit lame that there was pretty much no bolt action rifles shown except the snipers, but I guess that's a gameplay sacrifice to please people who likely wouldn't be able to put up with a game where 3/4 of the team is running bolt actions.  pretty much everyone in the gameplay shown was running a semi-auto or SMG, very few LMGs were shown.

I'm more likely to get it than before but I'd like to see some footage that shows how class customization and stuff works now.  gameplay wise it looks fairly solid actually, but that's probably me just loving the fact that there wasn't a ton of lock on BS and missiles and such flying around everywhere.

Taeng

• Patch
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2016, 03:27:15 pm »

The Bethesda conference was pretty dull. More DLC for Fallout and Doom, mmo and card game nonsense with Prey and a Skyrim remaster being revealed. They seemed to have padded their conference with 20 minutes of Sess and Morgan at the start and 30 minutes talking about Dishonored 2. Dishonored 2 looks like more Dishonored which is cool I guess. 

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2016, 04:44:52 pm »

So, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild trailer...

HOLY CRUD! It looks amazing! The trailer reminds me of Shadow of the Colossus, the music is great, lovely art style! I have never been this excited for a Zelda game. I usually look forward to the games, but I'm never crazy about the reveals. This is an exception.

Also, I know gameplay will show us more, etc. I'm not going to base my thoughts on one trailer alone, ya cynical turds. But that will have to wait till after work, I'm nearing the end of my lunch break.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2016, 05:57:16 pm »

EA:

Titanfall looks like more of the same - short term fun, long term boring.
Andromeda: Just enough to get me wanting more, well not sharing much plot at all.  There were some interesting things I caught from the trailer that if anyone wants to talk about, bring it up on steam/ts.
Fifa: Campaign... wot. Whatever, lol.
All the Star Wars stuff was poo - except for seeing a VR Xwing cockpit. . . (and ofc more details in sony conference, where it becomes dissapointing - a singleplayer mission for battlefront. Yay.)
BF1: Yup, good for GC.

Microsoft:
Sea Of Theives looked actually prettyfun, I'd like to play that with you guys some.
Dead Rising 4 looks delightfully silly, but not somethign I'd buy.
State Of Decay 2 looks like it has some kind of co-op, I'd like to try that out. SOD was a pretty good game, lacking in some areas but generally very good, I look forward to seeing an improved version I can play with friends.
Halo Wars 2 doesn't look half bad - again not something I'll but, but it was okay looking.
Killer Instinct is cool looking and I think I'll be picking up.

I also just want to point out how fucking horrendous Scalebound looks. Like omfg, I can't believe how terrible that looks to play, and how fucking childlike it is.  It's odd, the monster looks pretty cool, but everything about the gameplay and the characters and the VA look completely awful. Basically I sat watching thinking "this is the kind of shit that appeals to nooby and no one else" :+

Lots of "Cross-platform" stuff, which is good. The smalltext being you most likely have to buy from the Windows 10 store.  Sorry, Microsoft, but you're going to have to do a lot to convince me to buy with your shitty unreliable market-unfriendly service instead of the tried and tested existing ones.

Ubi:
Ghost Recon Wildlands looks like a game for console players tbh.  It's just a more advanced version of The Division, with vehicles and such.  A shitty third person shooter with "Stealth" elements.  The entire trailer I couldn't help but think that the thing looks terribly easy if you're actually decent at games. 

I was really hoping for something which really benefits from having players doing different roles.  Given how easy everything looked, it basically looks like the "best" way will just be to crash through as a group, or even just doing it solo.  As it's 3rd person waist-high-cover-everywhere shooter, there's no point having someone sitting in an "overwatch" position, as you can see everything ahead of you anyway.

Totally disappointing, I'm hoping to see more later.

Watchdogs also looks just like more watchdogs, but slightly better, except the cast is even more intolerable. Not sure which way I'll go for that.

Star Trek Bridge Crew looks like it'd be short term fun - but a really expensive investment for a very short term game, doesn't look like there's much depth at all. It's basically just VR Officially ST Bridge Simulator - If you cna mod it to be in TNG era ships/UI, maybe. New era ST is so crappy looking though.

For Honour looks aight.  Steep looks pretty beautiful - if it's priced as an indie title, I'll maybe give that a go.

PC Show:

Frankly disgusted that this isn't getting more press, IGN have totally ignored it, as have Gamespot who are doing the "official" E3 streaming.   As a show, I think it's one of the better ones, it feels a lot more honest and about love of the platform, instead of circlejerking about how awesome company/hardware is (mostly).  To be fair, it was also dumb of them to have the show planted right between the Microsoft and Ubi shows, esepecially cause it was running INTO the start of Ubi, and finished just as the last lines of awful dialogue for Wildlands was playing :P

Dawn of War 3 looked Dawn Of War-y, not really my type of game tbh, Angel can weigh in, I'm sure.

They showed more stuff for ARK: Survival Evolved. Started off showing how beautiful the game is, which it is. Then they showed the animations and interactions with the dino's and it immediately looks shit.  One interesting "gamemode" they're adding is the ability to play as basically any of the animal life, where the goal is essentially to survive and mate, as opposed to the human side which is all about building up yo base and taming dinos and shit. That looks like an interesting concept, but I still don't give a fuck.

Giant Cop looked... like a weird quirky interesting PC title. I'm intrigued.

More from Mount And Blade: Bannerlords. We saw a siege in progress, it's a massive improvement over M&B, but keeping the core gameplay intact. Battles overall look larger and more complex, but I think they're still going to carry a lot of the same flaws.

Lawbreakers - some kind of cross between overwatch and titanfall/tribes?  All about mobility, and some interesting quirks with different areas having different gravity.  You cna sign up for the beta, I got a key and will give it a go.

AMD Lady is awesome, I love her she's so cool. No BS around it, just "this is what we've got, and we love you."

The "backpack PC" for VR is an interesting idea, the concept of VR gaming with no cables, except I wonder how they connect to the cameras/sensors.... surely there's now a cable going form the backback to those???

Tripwire with Killing Floor 2 stuffs - free weekend coming up, but still looks dull.  Also our first OCCULUS EXCLUSIVE! FUCK OCCULUS!

Superhot VR could either be the best thing ever or the worst, I thought the latter before seeing the video, and now want it. Unfortunately, also Occulus exclusive. Fuck Occulus, Fuck Facebook and Fuck Palmer Luckey.

Sony:

First off, OMFG.  What a fucking opening. Amazing musical performance, straight into a fantastic looking opening to God Of War, which generally I'm not interested my omfg.

Days Gone I thought was ramping up to be in the The Last Of Us universe. We got a gameplay demo at the end of the show, generic zombie game? It's TLOU with more zombies and action. I'm interested to see how that translates - The action in TLOU was something that it felt like you had to do your best to avoid, this looks like it chases it a bit more.  They fucking killed a kid zombie though, brave.

Last Guardian I think will be up there with Ico and Shadow Of The Collousus of artistic gameplay greats, not sure if I'll hit it up or not.

Horizon Zero Dawn looks like an interesting world, and the gameplay wasn't too shit, like other games, I look forward to seeing what else will come of it.

The choice driven dialouge game about android cops looks like it'll have high replayabvility, a decent budget alpha protocol?

VR Resident Evil - I'm a coward, no thanks. That was enough for me already :P

Epic Looking SCi Fi Game omg - oh, never mind, it's call of duty. Went from being really cool looking to meh in 5 seconds flat.  To be fair, it looks a lot better than anything we've seen from CoD so far, maybe even not totally linear. Honestly if it wasn't called Call Of Duty, I'd be a lot more interested - amazing what that series rep has done to it.  I think during the video it also went from being "epic looking" to "way over the top"

They remastered CoD4MW though - the CoD that people actually want to play.

Remastered Crash Bandicoots, the intro for that was pretty cool. I'd like to play upgraded versions of the original crashes - CB1 I can use an analogue stick with :P

Death Stranding.  Kojima poo with Norman Reedus. He's cool, but I don't think he's as deserving of all the nerdgasaming he ges that much. Fucking hell. He does do good games though, hopefully we'll get a bit more sensible and easyier to follow plot.  We've got no idea what the games actually about except weird stuff and Reedus nips.  My favourite comment: "Ten years on, we're getting tiny enemy crabs."

Spiderman: we've had good spider games and bad spider games ,this is looking like the former. Spidey is a fun hero and I think one of the ones which would best translate to a video game (esp with a controller).

Honestly, I think the Sony Conference blew everything else out of the water.  Awesome soundtrack, no executive egowanking and tomfoolery.  Just awesome game after awesome game.  Honestly that was just so awesome, it's the first time I've ever watched one of these things and actually wished that I could be there to experience it.

Taeng

• Patch
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2016, 11:33:24 pm »

ya cynical turds
Cynical turd mode engaged.

I honestly think Nintendo should just stop doing the whole E3 thing. They never really commit to showcasing new tech or games and their presence over the past few years has diminished significantly. They didn't even do a Nintendo direct this year, just a Treehouse showing the latest Pokemon game and the new Zelda. I don't know, maybe I'm just being overly cynical because of how really poor their showing was this year or maybe I'm just missing something. Maybe it's because of their new console, are they just sitting on dozens of game announcements for it? I just don't understand how Nintendo still exists.

And yes, they did announce more amiibos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UnArZHyYiSM

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2016, 03:57:07 pm »

Are Nintendo even relevant anymore? They are so out of touch with the western market it's unbelievable. A 3 hours presentation stream which could have been done in 20 mins with the press captuing footage from the game floor, like all the other streams.  I'm just no longer interested in any of their IPs either.

New Zelda looks like it'll play like a game that was out on last generations consoles. Eh.  I'd rather play one of the indie games on the proper consoles.

At the same time, this by far nintendos furthest reaching game to date, I don't think it really stacks up compared to games of the same type on other platforms, but its certainly worth buying if you already own the right console.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2016, 04:12:51 pm by Gwynzer »

Pages: [1] 2

March 29, 2024, 01:03:10 pm