Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: E3 2015 thread  (Read 65696 times)

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
Re: E3 2015 thread
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2015, 04:37:41 pm »

I take back what I said... Nintendo is going to die a fiery death.  Threw on the stream while eating lunch at work and I'm stunned by the complete and absolute shitty clusterfuck that it is. 

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

Taeng

• Patch
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2015, 04:49:18 pm »

Nintendo in a nutshell: Got no games but here are some amiibo

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2015, 09:54:00 pm »

Nintendo in a nutshell: Got no games but here are some amiibo

More or less.  I don't even understand this amiibo bullshit either.  Nintendo easily had the worst show in E3 (again) because they refuse to do stuff that their western audience wants.  Even the Star Fox info was disappointing.  I've given up on them completely.  Maybe when they announce their new hardware they'll smarten up and realize how much money they'd get if they actually made something that could compete with stuff on modern hardware, but until they announce said hardware I see no reason to even pay attention to their development, as they clearly do not care about their non-Japanese audience.  The last time they actually did anything truly innovative was with the Wii, and that came out in 2006.

anyways...Square Enix stuff:

lots of other RPG games, including Kingdom Hearts 3, NeiR, a new Star Ocean, and some other mobile and such that I don't really care about.

Just Cause 3 looks just as aimless and silly as the previous games.

Rise of the Tomb Raider had a few more sneak peaks than what MS showed in the xbox conference, looks pretty but I still doubt I'll ever even look at it harder than E3.

More Final Fantasy 7 remake info, but no other trailer stuff except what they showed in Sony's thing last night.  No new Final Fantasy 15 info, and apparently Final Fantasy 14 is getting a new expansion thing.  Looking forward to the FF7 remake but a bit disappointed in no FF15 info.

io is making a new Hitman game, which looks to be open world and potentially interesting.  Never was really into the other Hitman games that much but still was better than what they showed before it.

Not a ton of info on Deus Ex: Mankind Divided.  Some background on the story, where you play as Adam Jensen again in a group subduing terrorists while you try to subvert the Illuminati presence that apparently controls your Task Force 27 or whatever they called the group.  Showed some of the first gameplay footage, and they are apparently using a new engine.  Release stated as being in early 2016.

EDIT: Just watched through Gamespot's hands on with Deus Ex, where they did a mostly stealth playthrough of some of the demo, with some action stuff at the end.  Really like what I'm seeing here.

I enjoyed the new Deus Ex info as with the exception of Invisible War I've loved every game in that series.  Looked much better than what DE:HR did, probably thanks to their new engine.  Outside of that though, I'm a bit disappointed in what Square brought, although that's mainly due to there being no new FF15 info.  Still better than whatever Nintendo thinks they are doing at the moment.

I went back and edited my thoughts in the Sony post on Horizon: Zero Dawn (from Killzone devs) which looks pretty cool.

That does it for major press conferences, although E3 is still going on.  Tonight Twitch has a PC Gaming Conference at 8:00 PM EST, and there is still some other stuff to expect to come out during the week until it ends on Thursday.  Elite gets some more info tomorrow, and gamespot has some 20 minute hands on things throughout the week.  They had/have DE:MD, Hitman, R6:S, Recore, Star Fox Zero, Mirror's Edge, and Battlefront today, and some other stuff during the week.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 10:09:52 pm by matsif »

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2015, 10:28:16 pm »

and for a bit of clarification on Ubisoft's For Honor game, their website does list PC as a supported platform, which wasn't addressed in their conference yesterday.  that game looked pretty cool.  from the website, there are 3 factions: the chosen (samurai), the legion (medieval knights), and the warborn (vikings) so far.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2015, 02:05:49 am »

I kind of liked what I saw from Nintendo. No, it wasn't what I was hoping for and yes, it was very underwhelming, but nonetheless, I'll buy a few of those games.

At least their presentation wasn't as cringe worthy as the other companies. Seriously, Nintendo may make us feel like kids, or maybe people living a decade earlier but at least they don't think we have an IQ of -25 and only buy "cool" and "edgy" things.

Overall, this is one of my least favorite (or the least favorite) E3.

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2015, 08:37:01 am »

At least their presentation wasn't as cringe worthy as the other companies. Seriously, Nintendo may make us feel like kids, or maybe people living a decade earlier but at least they don't think we have an IQ of -25 and only buy "cool" and "edgy" things.

I cringed harder at theirs than I did even with EA's.  Every game was "buy more figurines!"  Then the random puppet crap thrown into the presentation to break up the trailers was dreadful.  If anything I thought it was nintendo who thinks we all have the IQ of a 5 year old Japanese child and have never grown up in a different culture that might want different things out of a video game than what they want in Japan.  It didn't make me feel like a kid, it made me feel like an unwanted potential customer that they were driving away from their shop.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2015, 09:12:11 pm »

What I like about Nintendo is that they do not feel inclined to make games solely for fans, which is a double-edged sword; good and bad. We had surprises, disappointing ones yes, but surprises nonetheless. Games that are different(ish).

Can you honestly tell me you were surprised when the other companies unveiled their games? Barring one or two possible entries, we expected pretty much every kind of game they announced, same-old, same-old.

About my issues with the presentations, I guess that's just me getting fed up and disgusted with traditional marketing over the years. Hence me preferring tongue-in-cheek, quirky humor nowadays.

And before I come across as a Nintendo apologist (which I probably am), I think every company failed this year at E3. There were a handful of interesting games and crap presentations.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2015, 11:56:43 am »

Nintendo needs to get with the times.

At the rate they've been going the past few years, they are going to be yet another Japanese company that just can't keep up with the culture changes that happen in the Western Market.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2015, 08:40:55 pm »

Nintendo needs to get with the times.

At the rate they've been going the past few years, they are going to be yet another Japanese company that just can't keep up with the culture changes that happen in the Western Market.

I agree with this point completely.

Getting with the times does not mean going mainstream either. They just need to offer the same conveniences that are expected in this age. Their games can keep being weird though.
Pages: 1 [2]

March 28, 2024, 12:28:14 pm