Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: E3 2015 thread  (Read 65801 times)

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
E3 2015 thread
« on: June 08, 2015, 10:22:40 pm »

since we discussed it last year, figured I'd kick it off a week early.  anyone got any hopes/dreams they want to see or have crushed?

personally, I'd like to see some more info on ME4, R6:S and The Division, the next Deus Ex, and Final Fantasy 15.  All of which have hopefully progressed enough to show lots of, especially R6:S and The Division. 

Schedule of Major Dev Press Conferences:
  • Bethesda: Sunday 10:00 PM EST/3:00 AM GMT
  • Microsoft: Monday 12:30 PM EST/5:30 PM GMT
  • EA: Monday 4:00 PM EST/9:00 PM GMT
  • Ubisoft: Monday 6:00 PM EST/11:00 PM GMT
  • Sony: Monday 9:00 PM EST/2:00 AM GMT
  • Nintendo: Tuesday 12:00 PM EST/5:00 PM GMT
  • Square Enix: Tuesday 1:00 PM EST/6:00 PM GMT

Apparently this is the first year Bethesda is doing an E3 major press conference, so we'll probably get more Fallout 4 info (and the incoming rage from Sly :P).  Also I believe it's the first year for Square Enix, which gives me high hopes for FFXV info.  Will also likely get more info on Mirror's Edge 2 (DICE's next project once Battlefront is done), Battlefront, Visceral's Star Wars IP, Uncharted 4, and XCOM 2.

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
Re: E3 2015 thread
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2015, 11:43:32 pm »

(and the incoming rage from Sly :P).

You know me too well :/

This list kind of doubles as a wishlist.

I really, really hope Nintendo announces a new Metroid, it's a rather underused series that needs more games for sure. What's not to like about science fiction, giant aliens and exploration?

More info on the next Zelda of course, although I think it's been delayed to 2016?!?!

Any new Star Wars games, minus Battlefront (sadly).

FF15, even if I don't have the right consoles.

Deus Ex, though I hope it's less repetitive than the second half of Human Revolution.

Xenoblade Chronicles X, although it already had its Japanese release.

Dark Souls 3, apparently it exists.

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3. With all the canon crap that's going on, they can afford to fix the story they screwed up for an unrelated MMO (just for money). Also, no Bioware please, Obsidian did a fantastic job. But EA is gonna be EA...

Unrelated to E3, but let's have ANOTHER HALF-LIFE GAME, VALVE!!! Not, the caps was not excitement, it was anger.

And of course I forgot about a bunch of games, I'll update the list if I remember.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 08:02:25 am »

Lol sly your total optimism in some of that.

Not been keeping up since the Disney takeover? There's fuck all chance of a kotor 3, especially given swtor exists .

Also the mmo appears to be alright.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 08:44:08 am »

I really, really hope Nintendo announces a new Metroid, it's a rather underused series that needs more games for sure. What's not to like about science fiction, giant aliens and exploration?

IIRC they are talking about the new Starfox, or are assumed to because...

More info on the next Zelda of course, although I think it's been delayed to 2016?!?!

...they announced at the end of March they weren't bringing the game to E3 this year.  Anywhere I've looked it seems Nintendo just simply isn't going to talk about it directly, although I'm sure they question will be asked and something will probably leak through.  Not going to be a major talking point though.

Any new Star Wars games, minus Battlefront (sadly).

Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 3. With all the canon crap that's going on, they can afford to fix the story they screwed up for an unrelated MMO (just for money). Also, no Bioware please, Obsidian did a fantastic job. But EA is gonna be EA...

See Gwyn's comment, KOTOR anything isn't going to happen unless Visceral or Bioware does it.  Bioware also isn't apparently working on a star wars IP at the moment anyways, although with Shadow Realms cancelled they do potentially have some room to do something other than ME4.  Not sure why Bioware would want to compete with their own IP by making a different Star Wars IP anyways, ME4 and anything Bioware makes involving Star Wars would likely be similar games.  Obsidian doesn't work with a specific publisher and isn't going to get any Star Wars IP anytime soon unless they get bought up by EA since EA owns rights to any star wars game and EA forces frostborked down any game it publishes.

Deus Ex, though I hope it's less repetitive than the second half of Human Revolution.

I didn't think DE:HR was that repetitive.  Was it linear, most definitely, but I wouldn't call it repetitive.  Regardless, any new DE game is a welcome sight, between that and Cyberpunk 2077 (CDPR isn't talking about it until the end of this year or so they say, so no hope of it being at E3) it seems to be a decent time for cyberpunk stuff.

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2015, 11:57:37 am »

Bethesda's thing was last night.  major talking points:

• Obvious Fallout 4 stuff with some better looks at post apocalyptic Boston.  You'll be able to play as male or female (with character creator stuff shown), there's some sort of settlement creation mechanic, they are making a real life pip-boy (for iphones...) as well as adding a way to play old timey arcade games like space invaders on the in game pip-boy, and release date is slated for November 10.  10 minutes of gameplay stuff
  • New Doom gameplay was demoed, video here.  Complete with all of the expected gore one would want from Doom, chainsaw included.  Short multiplayer video was shown as well here.  And then here's a third gameplay video that shows some more weapons off, including a little sneak of the BFG at the end.
  • Dishonoured 2 was announced with a cinematic trailer.  Looks like you can play as Corvo from the first game or a new female character.  Setting seems like it has advanced a bit, while still being similar to the old victorian steampunky feel.  Also announced was a Dishonoured definitive edition for PS4/xbone
  • Some class based TPS called Battlecry was shown, with a beta launch announced.  Vid here, seems to be a mix of shooting and melee stuff in a victorian-China ish setting.
  • BethesdaNet was announced, which is intended to be a main community site for all of Bethesda's games and community content.

The whole showcase can be found here and videos for select stuff is linked above for the respective games.

----------------------------------------------------

So, my thoughts:

-I like everything I've seen so far on Fallout 4 except this whole real pip-boy and companion app nonsense...android has the world market share yet they team with apple only for the real pip-boy (which apparently comes with the special edition).  The thing looks stupidly cheap and plasticy as well, and is complete with a companion app (available to all smart phones), and I hate companion app stuff as it usually means stupid gimmicks.  Other than that, the character creator looks quite powerful and nice, and the settlement thing looks cool.  Also, the release date of November 10 is much closer than I would have thought.

-Doom was anything one would expect from an updated Doom, no real surprises there.

-Dishonoured 2 will probably not be a buy for me until it's on sale on the cheap, the first game made even the most linear of games look open world.  The setting is awesome and I want to love it, but mechanically the first game was absolutely boring and the story wasn't grabbing to me.  Will see how it goes once more info rolls out.

-Battlecry looks dreadful imo.  Just everything about it screamed "nope" to me.  Boring TPS class based arena game that seemed to me to have no redeeming qualities.

-BethesdaNet should worry the huge modding community that Bethesda has, and deeply worry at that.  After the paid mods BS they tried to pull with Valve, I truly get the feeling that this is the route Bethesda (who forced Valve's hand a bit at this and made Valve out to be the bad guy) is going to attempt to monetize all of it and tell everyone to go screw themselves.

-Overall feel is Bethesda is making everything much more console oriented.  Got that feeling first around Skyrim's time, but everything they showed made me really think all of the HUDs and such are designed for consoles first, which means gameplay will probably feel similar.  This isn't always bad, but as Bethesda's support is often lacking at the best of times for the PC side of things, a bit worrisome.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2015, 03:42:40 pm »

The actual start of the Bestheda thing complete with the weird corporate "this is us!" style video, instead of 25 minutes of two people just being twats and talking about rubbish:

What I'm liking about this video as I watch is is that when they are showing gameplay stuff or videos THEY ACTUALLY SHOW THAT IN THE VIDEO.

GOD I don't know why they used to insist on showing us the crowd and reactions and shit in the past. It annoys the hell out of me. Who gives a shit? Especially during gameplay trailers and stuff.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 03:50:21 pm by Gwynzer »

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 04:24:19 pm »

DOOM:

Looks like a meg shooter.  I see they have no auto regen health, the melee stuff looks good really good, but mechanics wise and atmosphere it just looks bland.   I've had to stop here to watch the Microsoft live stream, but I'll finish up afterwards.   Some of those melee finishers... and the chainsaw. Jesus.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 04:33:51 pm »

Sitting in a channel in TS if anyone wants to go yap / hear collective gasps while live watching.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2015, 04:41:06 pm »

Obviously microsoft stuff is primarily Xbox.    Youtube stream keeps cutting to show the people playing game, instead of just the game itself. You can still see everything but it's annoying. Hopefully someone finds a better vid once it's all done.

Halo Whatever: From what little I know of the lore it looks all right.  I'd quite like to play those games, the universe seems interesting. Nathan Fillion likeness in game.  They have some person pretending to play the game on stage.  Why do they do that?  Gameplay looks like nothing super interesting, I imagine fans have came in their pants though.  Warzone mode looks a wee bit interesting but I never found halo MP to be super amazing.

Beyond Eyes: Some indie game? Looks like we're on them now, I won't comment on any more.

Recore: Trailer, so sad then not.   Doesn't really show much but it seems like machines all have some kind of power core and it looks like you can kinda turn the bad guys into your own guys.  I liked the art style.

XBox 1 Backward Compatability.  About time or what? Jesus.   AND THE PEOPLE ARE LOVING IT.

New controller: Pretty video, but so bad at hte same time.  Lots of really interesting features. Customiseability, more buttons, programmable.  I can see it being interesting. It seems to have my buttons than my joystick lol.

The fallout stuff, I'm guessing that's just more fallout. First I'm seeing of it, but it looks pretty good.   I'll edit my earlier comment later on including the feedback I put elsewhere, but tl;dr, I'll be waiting for a GotY edition to go on sale on steam.

Mods created on PC will be compatable on XBox? Good luck lol.  AT the same time, it's Bestheda trying to do it. I imagine it'll be much easier to get money out of console kiddies compared to the PC market.  Also: Good luck getting a Horse Vagina mod on XBox. Nooby certainly won't be supporting that platform.

Plants VS Zombies: I just don't care

Forza: Look, a car. How pretty.   The car game is actually pretty. Again, not my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it. Preorder Now!

Dark Souls III: Here's a disappointing Trailer

The Division: I look forward to this game.  I like Ubi games, I just hate the other shit that goes with their games lol.  That trailer was quite nice.  XBox "First To Try" in an "Exclusive Beta".

So far this conference is just  a bunch of random trailers and some people talking without saying anything.

Siege: More about Backwards Compatability, and free games going with buying seige (on Xbox?)

Some weird game about guardians? Why do they show fucking nothing....

Tacoma looks pretty and spacey. I like spacey stuff.

Ashen: looks pretty then I got scared. I get a Journey-ish vibe from it.  Looks like more of an experience than a game.

XBox Early Access.  The trial system seems like a good idea. I suppose Steam with the new refunds is a bit like that now.  I knew that E:D was coming to XBox, and I have my reservations but support that. But DayZ? Lol.  IT's been early access for like 2 years and it's still a pile of utter dollop, it's no where near a playable stage.

I like how how they brought up Dean Hall just after showing DayZ.  His new game is Spacey therefore I like it a bit.  Yet again they seem to show fuck all though.

Tomb Raider: Hair Tesselation Effects.  Looks like there will be a lot of QTEs.  I never got the chance to play the latest, but it seems very Uncharted esque. That's good if you ask me. Looks like good action set peices and they fit together really well.

Rare: Yuko-Laylee has been one of the largest kickstarter projects ever, it was an absolutely humongous success, in many ways a massive middle finger to current Rare. Rare whos tarted off by announcing "Here's a 30 pack of our old games!" and then showed off a pretty interesting looking naval piraty multiplayer game. Doesn't look like it's in the same competition though.

Valve VR partnership.  XBox with Oculus?  And their own Semi-VR headset.  I'm confused as to what their message actually was there. 

I think the hololens is actually going to be the future of VR type gaming. The big issue with VR is the fact you're essentially close off from the world inside it, and that's a turnoff for some people. Hololens is a fantastic mix, and minecraft is really the correct thing to be showing off with the tech.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 05:52:02 pm by Gwynzer »

Taeng

• Patch
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2015, 04:49:31 pm »

instead of 25 minutes of two people just being twats and talking about rubbish:

Wow... leave Morgan and Sess alone.

What has impressed me the most about the Fallout reveal is how well they've handled it. The reveal trailer is shown a couple of weeks before E3, 3 minutes of in engine, no 10 second title reveal trailer. Then at E3 they show a whole lot of gameplay, put to bed some of my fears like no character customization or only being able to play as a male character. Then we get a solid launch date. This is the way it is supposed to be handled with lots of gameplay and no BS.

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2015, 06:15:33 pm »

Microsoft pairing with pretty much all VR people on the xbox and still doing hololens is weird.  I'm guessing it's going to have to do with integrating all the VR stuff nicely into directx so they can keep that monopoly flowing and attempt to keep OpenGL and anything AMD attempts to revive with mantle away from becoming any bigger.

The Elite trailer showed their arena mode (meh), coming to xbox first.  And that seemed to be the big theme of their whole show, "coming to xbox first."  To me it seems M$ has been pouring money out of their ass to make up for the fact that they shot themselves in the foot with the xbone's release got destroyed in sales by the PS4 for quite a while, and are capitalizing on Sony's money issues over the past year or so by getting all of this early release stuff.  Kinda started last year with Evolve, and definitely expanded big time from what the press conference just said.

I missed a few games and will get caught up later, that said the only thing I was really interested in seeing more of was Recore, which is xbox exclusive anyways so I'll never play it, so really not much else interesting to me.

EA is on in a couple hours.

edit: I accidentally part of a sentence and expanded a few things
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 06:25:24 pm by matsif »

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2015, 09:28:46 pm »

EA shit, except the sports games because I don't care:

Mass Effect 4 CGI trailer.  Game takes place in Andromeda galaxy.  No other info except the CGI trailer, complete with multiple seconds of just the N7 logo and a jetpack.

Mirror's Edge 2 looks like mirrior's edge 2 and I'm still not interested.  Feb 23 2016.

New Need for Speed game.  Mostly CGI trailer with a few very brief points of what might have been gameplay.  Open world stuff with some story stuff built in, high customization, still frostborked.  Customization looked good for what need for speed has always shot for.  The camera stuff is really bad...tons of lense flair and awful looking motion blur.  Out November 3.

Some game called Unravel that looks like a rip off of Little Big Planet.

Garden Warfare 2...more 4 player class based coop, more meh.

Mobile games...ugh.

Star Wars: The Old Republic is getting a new expansion October 27.  Free to all subscribers.  Big CGI trailer but looks interesting.

And the extra Battlefront info.  They showed the Walker Assault mode, where the empire you defend the AT-ATs because you can't drive it (basically something like 2142 titan mode without most of the features that made titan mode good), but you can be a gunner in it.  Battle pickups shown (ugh).  Map design for the walker was just a boring line.  Controlling harpoon from pilot spot in the snow speeder.  More jet packs (ugh).  Some of the weapon models looked very disappointing and not quite right with the game.  Meh.

Overall just really disappointed in everything they showed.  Over half of the presentation was on sports games and I just didn't care, and with the exception of ME4 and Battlefront nothing they showed was remotely interesting.

On to ubisoft.

edit because gwynzer raged at me about comparing the AT-AT stuff to titan mode
« Last Edit: June 15, 2015, 09:32:29 pm by matsif »

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2015, 11:21:05 pm »

aaaaaaaaaaaaand ubisoft:

Started with South Park Stick of Truth 2.  Noped out.

New IP called For Honor.  Looks interesting, like a better version of Mount n Blade or Chivalry mixed with a MOBA without all the magical shit.  Never said anything about it being on PC though.  Medieval combat with Vikings, Medieval Knights, Samurai, etc.

Another racing game (the Crew), still don't care because the only semi-realistic racing game I'll ever buy is Gran Turismo.

Woo the Division!  Explained their open world PvP area of the game which they call the "dark zone."  Gamer talk in the gameplay vid was a bit annoying.  The setting was nice, the game looks fun, I just hope it doesn't turn into a Destiny with stupid loot grinding.  The early next year for beta is a bit sad though, just more waiting.  March 8 2016 release.  I really want to play this.

Rainbow 6 Siege looks good as well.  Got all of the good stuff from last year's show, but with a bit less cringeworthy dialogue.  The clip was a bit short.  Beta starts September 24, game is out October 13.

Trackmania Turbo looks like a great arcade racer.  I played an older Trackmania game and it was great, and it looked like a great updated version.

AC:S looks decent, although once again I'm hesitant with any AC game other than Black Flag because the settings and story just didn't grab me.  Might grab it on a sale.

Ghost Recon Wildlands game looked a bit similar to the Division, but still awesome.  Looking forward to seeing more of this title.

Ubi had by far the most impressive of the shows so far.  The games they announced are all good looking and great titles that, barring the traditional ubisoft breakdowns of incomplete horrible releases that they had in the past couple years, I can honestly say I'd contemplate buying everything they showed today other than South Park, The Crew, and the dancing games.

Sony comes out in 2 hours but I'll catch up with them tomorrow.

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2015, 08:38:41 am »

Sony roundup (I haven't watched most of the videos yet):

Kicked off with a bunch of stuff for The Last Guardian, which I haven't been following and don't know what it is.  Went on to Street Fighter V, which I don't care about.

Next was No Man's Sky, which looked nice enough but they still aren't saying a release date and they announced it's going to be PS4 first.  I did watch the video from this, the planetary landing stuff was cool, although the art style looks a bit too cartoony for my tastes.

New IP from Little Big Planet devs...don't really care.  Then there was a bunch of Activision crap that I don't care about even more with Call of Doody and Destiny.

More AC:S was shown with the other character Evie, who is the main guy's twin sister apparently.

DICE showed a survival mode for Battlefront, a typical 4 player co-op wave based thing with objectives.  I haven't watched this video yet but I'm thinking it'll be something similar to ME3's multiplayer.

Killzone devs new IP released with some barbarian tribal lady killing robot dinosaurs...might need to watch that vid later.  EDIT: game is called Horizon: Zero Dawn.  Open world ish looking game where you're kind of a barbarian tribal society where there are big mechanical robot beast things that the natives just consider part of nature.  You can harvest stuff from your kills and the land to upgrade your weapons/armor.  Looks actually pretty good, might have to follow closer.

New Hitman game trailer debuted for Sony, more will come later today with Square's conference.

Square is also remaking FFVII.  As in a full remake, not just porting the old game over.  I watched this trailer and it's all CGI, but considering how beloved FFVII is and they said they would do this a while ago, good on them.   I think Square's going to have a busy conference today.

And capped off with new Uncharted 4 stuff.

TBH with the exception of the Square Enix stuff I wasn't that interested in what Sony showed.

Nintendo at noon EST, Square Enix at 1:00 EST, will catch up after work, especially with Square.  Sly no thread derailing with raging at nintendo.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 09:56:33 pm by matsif »

Taeng

• Patch
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2015, 03:16:09 pm »

Sly no thread derailing with raging at nintendo.
I don't know about Sly but my body is ready for copious amounts of DLC.
Pages: [1] 2

March 29, 2024, 01:28:47 am