Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fallout 4 Announced  (Read 36566 times)

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
Fallout 4 Announced
« on: June 04, 2015, 03:41:03 am »

Here is the trailer.

Time to complain now, too tired, so I'll make it short. Bethesda is almost certainly using the same engine they've been using for years now. I don't care about the graphics, but I sure do care about the animations and physics and bugs. The trailer is pointing to another half-***** attempt at making a game. Luckily, searching the internet shows that much of their fanbase is tired of this crap. Not that Beth will do anything about it.

Taeng

• Patch
Re: Fallout 4 Announced
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2015, 05:20:48 pm »

Bethesda is almost certainly using the same engine they've been using for years now. I don't care about the graphics, but I sure do care about the animations and physics and bugs. The trailer is pointing to another half-***** attempt at making a game. Luckily, searching the internet shows that much of their fanbase is tired of this crap. Not that Beth will do anything about it.

It seems like you managed to get a lot more from that trailer than I did. The first thing I thought when watching the trailer was that it certainly does not look as impressive as most new releases but then I realised it was Fallout and that I couldn't care less about how the game looks as long as it's not worse than its predecessors (It would be pretty impressive to make a game worse looking than previous Fallouts)

The trailer is pointing to another half-***** attempt at making a game
I'm really struggling to understand what is leading you to believe this, it's a pretty strong opinion to come away with after watching a solid three minute trailer that showed an incredible amount, all of which was presumably in engine. It sounds like you have bad experiences with a previous game, though I can't think of any relevant Bethesda game that has been a poor attempt at making a game.

Also it's wise to not give a damn about what idiots on the internet are saying (including me) if it's popular and new then people are going to find any fault possible and to do that over a trailer is especially ridiculous, I'd also like to point out that a youtube video is definitely not a good indicator of how any game looks. I can only assume some people had ludicrously high expectations of what this game would look like and had forgot why they enjoyed previous Fallout games.

I have enjoyed the Fallout series and I am very much looking forward to Fallout 4.

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2015, 07:49:54 pm »

while I tend to agree Bethesda's QA is typically lacking, the games they make are still generally spectacular.  I'm not over the edge excited for this like I have been for other games in the past, but I'm not going to say it's disappointing or half-assed either.  At least they showed engine footage in the trailer instead of a bunch of CGI that won't even be in the game.

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2015, 09:31:38 pm »

I ignore most complaints on the internet, but there are some really valid ones regardless. And once again, it's not the looks department that has me worried. The graphics may not be "current-gen", but I still like them.

Bethesda makes spectacular games, I agree with you 100% on that. Do they make games that actually work well? Unfortunately not. Both the engine and their attitude are in need of serious fixing.

Can you believe they said that they can leave bugs in their games because modders will fix them? That some bugs can be considered features? They said that. It's a terrible policy.

They claim the Creation Kit (for Skyrim) is exactly the same tool they use themselves. I find it hard to believe they would use a tool that still has major bugs.

TL;DR You can make the largest hamburger in the world, but at least cook it so it's edible.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 11:48:30 pm »

And being the total hypocrite that I am, I will be getting this game soon. Ugh.

They do make good games, but I know they won't fix it properly. Oh well...

I suppose it's like Mount and Blade in a way. Great concept, just lacking in execution.

Bethesda are still blatant liars though, do you think I should support them?

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2015, 12:38:37 am »

Everything I've read and seen so far has been relatively disappointing.  Apparently framerate determines how fast character movement and gravity works, which is a huge problem unless you are playing with your framerate locked.  Also the world is really small horizontally, apparently taking around 10 minutes to travel from one corner to the other diagonally.

I'd wait until at a minimum Christmas or at least until Bethesda decides it's patch time so that this apparent console port gets sorted.

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2015, 09:09:25 am »

Extremely low default FoV and by default the X and Y axis on mouse movement have different sensitivity. These all have to be fixed via .ini edits, and can't be done through the menus. Also simulation rate being linked to Framerate is dumb. VSync is on by default which in part sorts out out the sim rate as the majority of players will have a 60fps cap... however that means when you're NOT able to manage 60fps 100% of the time you'll be dropping down to 30fps or 15fps, with movement rate, gravity, action speed, everything, changing with your framerate. (this is a problem that existed in Skyrim, though not as bad, and still hasn't been fixed)

In terms of looks, the stuff you see in first person (character model, weapon etc) all look good, but the rest of the game looks like FO3 with the green filter removed. Apart from that it's really not impressive.

Also don't forget the new dumb as shit conversation system, the dumb AI, and the AMAZING FACIAL ANIMATION for a 2015 game.

They also dumbed down how the skills etc work compared to their previous titles. Now it seems they are just purely linked to your SPECIAL starts.

+ all the regular Bethesda fuckworks bugs and issues.

Once GotY edition version is ready I'll look into getting it. Until then it's totally off the radar. Looks poo.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2015, 01:02:47 pm »

Alright, Xenoblade Chronicles X and Wii U it is.

The GTX 970 can wait. No that Fallout 4 even needs it.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2015, 04:38:57 am »

:( the GTX 970 model I wanted really jumped in price. 460 ish Canadian dollars. More or less increased by a hundred dollars due to the low Canadian dollar.

March 28, 2024, 09:57:36 pm