Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hey guys  (Read 37687 times)

reborn

• Engineer
Hey guys
« on: August 06, 2014, 11:33:35 am »

Just wanted to stop by and say hello. I lurk the forums often, but hardly post.

Things are going well with me. I have lost a little weight recently, which is good, as I pretty obese to be honest. Quite a way to go yet, but it's nice.
I think it's been because of my wife's new business... She gave up work when we had our children, and needed something to do, so she set-up a bouncy castle business.

It's been pretty successful so far, but it means lots of work for poor old reborn. I made a small shitty site for it, so you can see the castles I hire out. Not advertising, as none of you will be in the catchment area, but check out the offers page, as I used fiverr to get a video commercial made, lol!

https://www.bouncycastlehirebexley.co.uk/

I'm 32 now, and have two kids, a boy aged 16 months and a girl who turned 4 in April.
I still play renegade quite a bit, but mainly play on the rencorner server. I still work in London full time, and just hire the castles out over the weekend for extra income. It's paid for me to build an office at home, which is cool, as I work from home most of the time now, and only go in the office about once a month. It also paid for a trip to Disney land, which the kids loved.

How are things going at BI? Which games do you mostly play? Anything I might enjoy? I still kinda like the old games like Tiberian Sun and Renegade, but also play a little bit of CS:GO sometimes.

When I have free time I still tinker a bit with programming, although a major newbie still.

Hope you are all well, what are you guys up to?
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 03:10:54 pm by reborn »

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
Re: Hey guys
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2014, 12:45:43 pm »

Hi there. :) I like the site. It is very clear. I'd only change the margins/paddings to be more consistent, since they're sometimes very narrow (left of the first box on the main page), and sometimes wider. The promotion video is quite cool. :P

reborn

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 03:14:20 pm »

Hah, so I am now 37 years old and my new website is here:

https://www.bouncycastlehirebexley.co.uk/

It's been a rough few years. My son fell ill just over 3 years, just turned Three. It turned out he had Laeukemia and he is still undergoing chemo treatment, with lumbar punctures, MRI's and all sorts of horrible things. Fortunately, there is only 16 weeks left till he rings the bell to end treatment and then we can schedule in his portacath removal (a semi-permanent port under the skin that allows IV medication straight to the blood stream and also to take blood samples).
It's been horrible, but we are close to the end.

How is everyone here? Any news? What are people doing?

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2019, 05:52:53 pm »

Hey reborn, good to hear from you! That sounds really tough. Glad to hear that you are getting closer to an end. I ended up at JakesTrueStory after clicking around on your castles site and it looks like you are putting an amazing effort in making it bearable for the boy. I hope things go well after the end of treatment.

As for the bouncy castles site, it looks colorful and fun, so that is a good match to the subject. :)

About me, I'm good. As you noticed, I don't read the forums regularly any more. I just got the keys to my new-built house a month ago, so I'm quite busy with walls, floors, kitchen, furniture, etc.

reborn

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2019, 03:33:25 pm »

Hey reborn, good to hear from you! That sounds really tough. Glad to hear that you are getting closer to an end. I ended up at JakesTrueStory after clicking around on your castles site and it looks like you are putting an amazing effort in making it bearable for the boy. I hope things go well after the end of treatment.

As for the bouncy castles site, it looks colorful and fun, so that is a good match to the subject. :)

About me, I'm good. As you noticed, I don't read the forums regularly any more. I just got the keys to my new-built house a month ago, so I'm quite busy with walls, floors, kitchen, furniture, etc.

Ah yeah, we do sometimes link to his facebook page from there. We have been honoured to help out some children's cancer wards and hospitals, to try and change life around them, rather than just complain.

The bouncy castle site is nice, just a Content Management System, but the content is mine and it's ranking pretty well.

I had to sell the previous business when he fell sick, so this is a new(ish) domain really, but despite that it's doing well and we have a pretty healthy income from it.

Congratulations on your new home! We had to do much of the same work you're describing on our house several years ago. It's a chore, but it saves some money and gives you a chance to get a nice home for what you can afford.

Did you ever end up working as a coder or in the industry? I hope you're well! :-)

March 29, 2024, 01:49:14 am