Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steam Summer Sale 2014  (Read 26573 times)

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
Steam Summer Sale 2014
« on: June 19, 2014, 05:02:27 pm »

THE SALE HAS STARTED

I'll be posting must buys as I see them. If you don't know the rules for how to handle a sale, minimum price to buy is 60% off. If it's not 60% save it in wishlist, check for it to be on a daily/flash deal. If it's not and you still want to buy, get it last day of the sale.

Or wait till it goes below 10 bucks
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 05:10:16 pm by Gwynzer »
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
Re: Steam Summer Sale 2014
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 09:05:12 pm »

good games (imo) under $10 on sale on my screen right now:
-Witcher 2 - $3.99
-mount & blade: warband - $6.79
-Insurgency - $8.99
-FTL: Advanced edition - $6.99 (I'd wait on this, will most certainly be in a flash sale)
-Final Fantasy 7 - $7.19
-Final Fantasy 8 - $7.19
-Deus Ex: Human Revolution: Director's Cut - $9.99 (I'd also wait on this)
-Every Devil May Cry game is under $5 I believe except the newest one
-Half Life 2 - $4.99
-Worms: Reloaded - $4.99

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2014, 07:12:15 am »

Red Orchestra is also less then a fiver. Worth it  for sure. May go cheaper.

On a related note, will be playing this with hopefully lots of people on Saturday, pop along. :)

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 07:25:17 am »

Xcom on flash sale, complete series.  Beuearau is shit but the rest of them are amazing games.  Beuraeu isn't actually too bad, it's more that the other XCOM games are so much better and it feels super r ushed because it had a massive change in genre (wtf) like 2 or 3 months before release.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2014, 06:39:31 pm »

Forgot about this :D

Today: Endless Space is a great turn based space strategy, I've really enjoyed what I play. It's quite relaxing. If you get it make sure you get Gold, Disharmony is fantastic and introduces a new faction who plays completely different from everyone else.

Torchlight is still available and I've told it's a fantastic Diablo-esque game. I have it but haven't played it ever.  Missed out on ARMAIII at 50% off, though it's still really worth the 33% off that it currently is.

Kerbal is meant to be amazing but I know I'll get addicated so I'll avoid.  Bioshock Infinite wasn't the best game in the series but it's still a solid game and defo worth the prices it's listed right now.

lavakill

• RenX Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2014, 07:01:07 pm »

Thanks for mentioning Bioshock.  I just bought all three Bioshock games.

Quote from: IRC
<EvilWhiteDragon>   what irritates you then lavakill ?
<lavakill>   you
<StealthEye>   knew it :D
*   EvilWhiteDragon smacks lavakill

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2014, 08:21:40 pm »

imo I've been kinda disappointed by this sale.  Nothing has really caught my eye after day 1 that I didn't already own or could justify spending even a penny on, with the exception of Payday 2 which has turned out to be great fun (although I never would have bought it if gwyn didn't talk me into it).

Everything that has been on sale thus far that I actually wanted to play I already own in some fashion and everything else has been a "meh" at best after day 1.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2014, 10:26:25 pm »

The main issue for me is I own all the game sin the good sales already :D

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2014, 07:20:40 am »

Dishonoured is a fantastic game. In many wasy it's what I felt the new Bioshock should have been.  It's a First Person Stealth/Action game set in a steampunk universe with a reaaaallly cool art style and your character can have some magicalesque powers.  It wasn't liked across the board but I really enjoyed it.  It's only a couple of quid it's worth the cost I think.

AC4 Black Flag is in many ways the most entertaining of the series. I think in terms of story combat and character I prefer 2 or maybe 3(combat), but when it comes to free roam and long term entertainment 4 wins for sure. They've made spending half an hour sailing doing nothing optional and FUN!

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 08:37:27 am »

Dishonoured is a fantastic game. In many wasy it's what I felt the new Bioshock should have been.  It's a First Person Stealth/Action game set in a steampunk universe with a reaaaallly cool art style and your character can have some magicalesque powers.  It wasn't liked across the board but I really enjoyed it.  It's only a couple of quid it's worth the cost I think.

AC4 Black Flag is in many ways the most entertaining of the series. I think in terms of story combat and character I prefer 2 or maybe 3(combat), but when it comes to free roam and long term entertainment 4 wins for sure. They've made spending half an hour sailing doing nothing optional and FUN!

Dishonored (there's no U in the title you silly european) has a wonderful atmosphere and I really wanted to enjoy it, but I couldn't.  The game is way too repetitive.  If you don't mind the repetition of the missions and how short the game is overall (we're talking maybe 15 hours in the story tops), it's definitely worth the $5.  To me though it left a hell of a lot to be desired and I ended up disappointed.  Yes the art style and atmosphere of the game is cool, but at the same time much of the gameplay mechanics and the overall short amount of time (I was halfway through the game in 4 hours) it takes to accomplish things really hurts it overall.  If you're going to get it though, I'd suggest getting the GOTY edition for an extra $5 to get the DLCs just for the additional play time when you inevitably beat the main story in 15 hours or less.

Speaking of Bioshock, the Bioshock triple pack (all 3 games, no DLCs/expansions) is $10 for the next 8 hours as well.

AC4 is the first AC game I actually could get into, mainly because you legitimately could just drop off of doing anything related to the assassins storyline and just go be a pirate.  You could literally rip all of the AC lore out of the game, call it Pirate Simulator, and the game would be excellent.  Adding in the AC lore just adds another level of storyline to it.  Definitely a good game.

Batman: Arkham Asylum and Arkham City are $5 each for the GOTY editions.  I haven't played them but I heard good things.  Also, Mark Hamill joker is best joker.  The 3rd game (Arkham Origins) is $7.50 as well.

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 09:14:51 am »

watch dogs flash sale to $47.99 for next 8 hours or so.  not cheap enough for me to grab it, but it's still a sale.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 01:40:25 pm »

Arkham Asylum and City are both amazing.  City has the best boss fight I've ever played. Some of it is a bit dull... but oh my that section fo the game is just amazing.  The combat in those games is also just so great, it's extremely satisfying and you truly get a "I'm BATMAN!" feeling from them.

I've not played origins but I've heard it pretty much City with a few more attempted improvements which don't really work out. They've tried to add a bit to the combat system and apparantly it's a bit more clunky.  It's a fiver, I'm considering getting it.

Watch Dogs... played it, enjoyed it, it was worth the money... wait for it to get cheaper.

April 25, 2024, 01:20:16 pm