Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: E3 2014 - Tuesday  (Read 24385 times)

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
E3 2014 - Tuesday
« on: June 10, 2014, 05:27:23 pm »

Well, Nintendo was in the spotlight for today's E3, and boy, am I really excited for all the games they've announced! The digital event was hilarious and fun, you should definitely watch it.

Although it wasn't announced during the digital event, a new Star Fox is coming to Wii U! Woot!

My only complaint: no new Metroid game announced as of yet. My favorite Nintendo franchise, still collecting dust...

In short, I'm excited for almost everything Nintendo has announced today. Even Splatoon.

What are your thoughts?

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
Re: E3 2014 - Tuesday
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 07:01:51 pm »

Didn't watch it =, but from what I saw in the news is Nintendo's Wii U still dead in the water.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 09:08:48 am »

nintendo will struggle so long as they keep making systems that simply can't compete on a graphical level to MS/Sony or a PC.  They have great IP, but they are creating things for niche markets of people instead of the masses like they did in the past. 

Get something out there that actually competes with a PS4 or Xbone graphically and make the games to suit, and they'd make a ton of money because they have the IP pull to do so (Zelda, Mario, Super Smash Bros, Metroid, Star Fox).  Keeping to gimmicky things like the Wii U and they'll continue to struggle.  That's the only reason why I'm not really paying attention to nintendo anymore.  The Wii was fun for a bit because of the unique controls but it got old fast for anything other than Wii Sports, and the Wii U is still DOA as EWD said.

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 01:40:37 pm »

I do hope Nintendo's next system can compete with Microsoft and Sony, but they are in no position to abandon the Wii U for the next few years at least. It will tarnish their image and alienate their fans. Nintendo has no choice but to use the limitations they have given themselves this gen.

matsif

• Medium Tank driver
  • Sanity is for the weak
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 09:39:38 pm »

I do hope Nintendo's next system can compete with Microsoft and Sony, but they are in no position to abandon the Wii U for the next few years at least. It will tarnish their image and alienate their fans. Nintendo has no choice but to use the limitations they have given themselves this gen.

yeah, they've done it to themselves mostly.  I truly hope they realize how amazing something like Metroid or Star Fox would be in an engine like CryEngine and make something to support that kind of fidelity, otherwise they're going to have to start selling out their IP to run on other systems to keep afloat.

Woke up this morning, put on my slippers, walked in the kitchen and died

April 25, 2024, 08:23:44 pm