Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Star Wars Canon  (Read 22838 times)

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
New Star Wars Canon
« on: April 27, 2014, 04:59:42 am »

Read this:

http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

Legend: They being the people in charge of Star Wars, whenever, however and whomever it fits.

I'm kind of depressed.

Yes, many Star Wars stories were total crap, but there were also many that had truly amazing stories as well. Discarding the EU (mostly) in favor of starting it anew after a couple decades of novels is unfeeling towards it's many fans and authors/creators.

I don't care if they say George Lucas only had his works as official canon, doing some research resulted in conflicting reports at best. Didn't the authors have to run important decisions by him anyway? Karen Traviss stopped writing Star Wars novels because They decided to radically change some long-standing Mandalorian canon, a lot of which Karen wrote.

Don't tell people that they are in charge of your story, only to destroy everything they've made years down the road.

Anyway, I do hope They also continue with what is now called the "Legends" continuity, but from what I understand, it doesn't seem like They intend to. So many unfinished storylines...  :'(

What are your thoughts?

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
Re: New Star Wars Canon
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2014, 06:24:45 pm »

It's bollocks. To me Star Wars in terms of Expanded Universe is dead. I'll go see the new film, but I'm no longer interested in EU stuff at all if they are just throwing away the old work. No more books will be getting bought by me.

I have spent well over a decade reading star wars books. To be told now that all those stories "dont' matter" in the overall universe that's been made is just shit. Pissed off.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2014, 11:00:54 am »

I totally agree with you. I won't buy any books that are part of the new canon if they are indeed abandoning the old one. I've invested a few hundred dollars too many into the books already (not to mention years, plus my moral stance on this whole thing) for them to convince me to buy any new novels.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2014, 11:13:42 am »

Saw that in EpVII Lando is going to have a child. Called Bubba. Bubba!  It took him agse to have a kid and he was called Chance!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2014, 02:56:23 pm »

Ehhh. Loks alright, but silly. Not sure if stormtroopers were missing constantly there, if so, fuck that show. Stormtroopers are crack shots.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 10:41:51 pm »

When I first heard about the show, I was pretty excited. A show focusing on your average Rebels set during  the Galactic Civil War? Awesome!

Then I saw the same cartoonish 3D art style that the Clone Wars used, a misfit cast of heroes and everything pointing to a generic show geared to a younger audience. I suddenly lost interest in the show.

We already had the Clone Wars, couldn't they try to do something different this time? The GCW is nowhere near as fleshed out as the CW era, so I'd rather have a serious in-depth look as to how it was like to be in the rebellion.

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2014, 05:45:29 pm »

Yer. Another kids show. Boo.