Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Icons for the webpage  (Read 35342 times)

shippo

• Technician
Icons for the webpage
« on: April 04, 2012, 07:26:32 pm »

Hey guys had an idea for our forum/webpage, and want to hear how you guys feel about it.

We have quite a few games now, and I was thinking about making icons for the different games we have kindof like what St0rm has for their forums. They have a game icon for each of the subject topics.

here are a couple of examples:

we have General renegade, renegade moddleing, ect for renegade for each of these subject topics we could put a renegade icon (the nod symbol or tiberium crystal)

for the FS subject topics we could use the rebel alliance symbol

anyways what do you guys think?

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
Re: Icons for the webpage
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 08:54:12 pm »

I despise the idea of copying storm, as their main admin is a cheating DOSS'ing lying and molesting douchebag.

Besides that, I'm not entirely sure what you mean?
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 09:48:54 pm »

Molesting is one I'm not familiar with? The rest I know.  I don't want to "copy st0rm" myself, but shippo does bring forth an idea.

What he means, I believe, is the blue/black big circle icons on the Main Forum page, we replace with icons for the games. Renegade stuff is the Renegade R (I assume new posts = that on fire, or coloured, or something. Transparent when no posts?). The First Strike forums can use the Rebel logo (or... the FS logo :P I'll have to find a decent sized one first). Battlefield we'll have to think up something.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, 08:48:10 am »

Molesting is one I'm not familiar with? The rest I know.  I don't want to "copy st0rm" myself, but shippo does bring forth an idea.
http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x280666301/Natick-teen-charged-with-stalking-assaulting-ex-girlfriend?zc_p=0
What he means, I believe, is the blue/black big circle icons on the Main Forum page, we replace with icons for the games. Renegade stuff is the Renegade R (I assume new posts = that on fire, or coloured, or something. Transparent when no posts?). The First Strike forums can use the Rebel logo (or... the FS logo :P I'll have to find a decent sized one first). Battlefield we'll have to think up something.
Hmm, ok.. Not sure how easy that is to implement. Nor am I sure it'll look good, particularly because we tried to make the theme rather clean.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 09:24:04 am »

http://www.metrowestdailynews.com/news/x280666301/Natick-teen-charged-with-stalking-assaulting-ex-girlfriend?zc_p=0

Reading that doesn't surprise me. My experiences with him did leave me to feel that he was a fair bit of a creep, the charges may have been dropped Nolle Prosequi, but it doesn't mean it never happened.

However, I don't think we should dismissing ideas because they originate from a cunt like Wilost0rm. We should be dismissing them because they are bad ideas.

I certainly don't have a problem with the current forum theme (tho I think my favourite one is still the old orange and black :P), but it may be worth experimenting a little.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

shippo

• Technician
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 09:57:48 am »

I despise the idea of copying storm

The idea is not ment to coppy storm, just using their forum icons as an example. (don't particularly like some of their icons anyway)  ::)

Like Gwynzer said the idea is to change the blue circle icons on the main page to an icon specific to that game.
just examples:

(tiberium crystal) Renegade

(battle mech) Battlefield 2142

(x-wing fighter) First Strike

Keep in mind i have no problem with the blue circle icons; not being a coder, if this looks like it might be to bulky to add don't worry you won't hurt my feelings.  ^-^
« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 10:00:19 am by shippo »

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 01:58:54 pm »

I think the major challenge would be to make the icons fit in well. If we have icons that fit in well with the theme, I like the idea. :)

lavakill

• RenX Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 06:05:09 pm »

Instead of possible replacing the blue circle icons, what about if we placed the new icons below the header of the section? Like in the picture, place in below Renegade, if its possible and if it can fit.

Quote from: IRC
<EvilWhiteDragon>   what irritates you then lavakill ?
<lavakill>   you
<StealthEye>   knew it :D
*   EvilWhiteDragon smacks lavakill

StealthEye

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Medium Tank driver
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 10:48:51 pm »

Technically, I think it would not be so hard. Someone will have to come up with a design and have to see if it actually works out better there or instead of the blue icons.

shippo

• Technician
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2012, 02:50:05 am »

We could ask LeeumDee to do it he is a good artist.

Here is 3 of the icons we could use, sorry about Battlefield 3, couldn't come up with anything more interesting. Mabie you guys would have a more creative idea for battlefield icon.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2012, 09:08:35 pm by shippo »

March 28, 2024, 07:46:50 pm