Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The end of an era  (Read 34003 times)

Twigs

• Engineer
Re: The end of an era
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2012, 10:12:34 pm »

Ok, so I'm an irregualr visitor but it does strike me its the same people posting all the time. Are the other members reading the posts?

What brought you to Black Intel, and what made you active either on the forums or with regards to game play? Was it a particular game thats been neglected and you'd like to see played more often?

I think your focal point is to either agree on a game people want to play, or ressurect one thats seen a drop in activity. The gaming side of things is fun but I've always been of the opinion that you guys get more kicks out of getting together on team speak and having a giggle. Find something that creates that again and your off.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2012, 10:54:02 pm »

Twigs, may I point out that we're currently sort of recruiting? If you have an idea on how to jumpstart a game or revive a section then you can apply for that :) Of course, only if you're interested ;)
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2012, 04:26:57 am »

I'd personally love to see us play FS again, seeing as that's the game that brought me to BI.

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 10:01:37 am »

I have been playing games for many years now and have played with and against 1000's of people in all kinds of games and I personally haven't found a group of people as friendly as this community. There is no doubt in my mind that this has remained true.

The problem that I do see though is that all the efforts are based on less popular or dying games(ren must only have about 200 people on at one time).  The Most popular games such as TF2(Free), CSS, COD4, COD MW3, SC2, LOL(Free), WOW and many more, These are the games that are common with every pc gamer and should be supported in a multi gaming community.

And I love you all don't kill BI :(   
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 03:15:21 pm »

Well, since none so far is really interested in those games, we have never started any of those games. However, if you are interested then please write down how you think you could do that and we'll provide the resources to do so, while you get to be game-admin ;)
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »

In my first CSS team/ community we decided to get a 24 slot server and just smash it on the same map(the noob favourite one). The community died in the first few weeks but the server was already paid for so my friend took the loss and left the server with a auto restart and a couple of mods to manage it. A couple month down the line it becomes one of Europe's most popular  office(the map) server in the most popular FPS game on PC.

When my mate came to uni he handed over the server contract and community over to some random guy that liked the server and was willing to pay the bills.

Im not saying that its just that easy. It's just allot easier then having to have 10 - 15 people on the ren server before people start to join.

300th post :O
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49

shippo

• Technician
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 10:38:55 pm »

I was originally apart of Gamerz0ne (shadowteam.net) for C&C renegade came to BI to help arange clan battles, unfortuanatly shadowteam died and so I stayed with BI after that.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2012, 11:34:54 pm »

@DHDC
We already have everything to set up a server, except someone to populate and regulate it. I mean, we could do it at no extra costs. So if you're willing to help BI and take on the challenge ;)

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2012, 03:40:03 pm »

As much as i would love to I just havnt got as much time as i used too :(

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2012, 03:42:43 pm »

As much as i would love to I just havnt got as much time as i used too :(
That sound familiar unfortunately.
Pages: 1 [2]

April 29, 2024, 12:00:12 pm