Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: MechWarrior Online  (Read 55279 times)

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
MechWarrior Online
« on: January 09, 2012, 05:38:00 am »

So, yeah, don't know if you guys like the BattleTech universe, but I sure do. Here's a little rant about what was to become MechWarrior V.

Oh, before I start, here is the website:
http://mwomercs.com/

Copy pasted what I wrote on Facebook:

1.MechWarrior reboot was announced in 2009. Was really happy about it. Then we got two years of silence due to lack of publisher funding. Not looking good. Now, we finally know something new.

MechWarrior Online. Also, free-to-play. Balance issues incoming because I, and many other fans, are not going to pay cash for various 5$ weapons.

Seriously disappointed about this. First SWTOR ruined KotOR, and now this. Good games and story don't matter anymore :(

2."Ekman also promises that while players will be able to buy items with real money, nobody can buy anything that will confer a tactical advantage. “Anything that would affect or give you a tactical advantage, you can’t purchase with real cash. You have to earn that by playing the game,” he says."

3.Then how are they going to get money? Hmmmm. I'll wait and see if they are telling the truth

The Ekman quote is from here:
http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/10/31/meet-mechwarrior-online-piranhas-free-to-play-tactical-mech-sim/

So what do you guys think? I might give this a try.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
Re: MechWarrior Online
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 03:59:52 pm »

Sounds interesting, I've always liked games in which you can modify your weapons and everything. Have played MechWarrior 4 for a bit, but not much really. Will try it out for sure.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 12:44:21 pm »

Free to play games are becomming extremely popular.  Many of them are funded by "costumes" etc, things which chance how characters look (in a way more similar to TF2s hats, than BF3's camo), but not how they play.  Chances are, there will also be ads ingame, but there may be an option to pay to remove them..
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 11:16:42 pm »

Ah, something interesting. MechWarrior Online will be using CryENGINE 3. So, sounds like it's going to be solid.

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/01/87-developer-interview-paul-inouye-david-bradley-bryan-ekman

That's the dev interview where I got it from.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2012, 11:24:09 pm »

Also, if you miss the commander from the Battlefield series, MechWarrior Online will have it. It seems like they are aiming for something a lot more tactical the the newer Battlefield games.

ShadeSlayer

• Patch
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2012, 09:50:15 pm »

Gosh, BF3 is already almost too tactical for me. I just want to sit down and play for a few hours. Not have to play for days to unlock enough to have a chance against the no-lifers.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 08:16:03 am »

Unlocks != tactical
Lots of rainbow six / ghost recon games didn't have unlock but were tactical as hell.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2012, 07:05:50 pm »

Yer, only thing I think really matters is having the "core" unlocks.  defib for Medic, c4 for support.  Engineer is a bit of an ass, if you want the javelin.  Other than that, the default weapons are pretty good, I actually use the default weapons for my support kit most of the time.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2012, 07:14:40 am »

By the way, I am alive, but won't be online for another few days.

The computer is getting much needed repairs, and I'm getting over what was a very painful few days of being sick.

See you guys soon!

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2012, 07:10:19 pm »

http://mwomercs.com/news/2012/03/155-dev-blog-5-mech-warfare-part-i

In case you were interested in how mechs move. I tried a bit of mechwarrior 4, and man, it takes some time to get used to how those hulking machines move. There were a bunch of other dev blogs, but this one should be interesting to those who don't know this series very much. I've been checking the site daily. Suffice to say, I'm getting more and more interested in this, unlike SWTOR, which grew less interesting as time went by.

shippo

• Technician
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2012, 08:19:45 am »

HOLY ...       never thought I'd see pp posting about MW4!!  :DI loved that game (vengence and mercinaries, and still play them. If you start anything with MW4 I'll gladly suport it! :D

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2012, 10:13:58 am »

I believe Guyver plays the Mech Warrior Crysis mod, I never did get around to trying that.

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 11:02:39 pm »

http://www.mektek.net/projects/mw4/download.html

For those of you who want to try it. They released it for free some months ago. Looks like I'll have to re-download it again!  ^-^

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 05:35:19 pm »

http://mwomercs.com/media/video/rkGvP8VFXAI

New ingame video of MechWarrior Online. I doesn't seem like they dumbed it down. Mech gameplay looks very much intact. In fact, if you have been reading there blogs and such, there are going to be more features on the mechs to make it more complex.

shippo

• Technician
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 06:00:35 am »

the link for the download doesn't work for me :(
Pages: [1] 2 3

April 27, 2024, 02:13:20 am