Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Religion -- I'm converted!  (Read 16889 times)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
Religion -- I'm converted!
« on: January 04, 2012, 09:16:53 pm »

Press release from the Church of Kopimism

The Church of Kopimism is recognized by the state of Sweden

Just before Christmas, the Swedish governmental agency Kammarkollegiet registered the Church of Kopimism as a religious organisation. This means that Sweden is the first country to recognize kopimism as a religion.

The Church of Kopimism have tried to become registered as a religious organisation by Kammarkollegiet for more than a year.

- Since Kammarkollegiet has been strict with formalities, we had to apply three times, a happy Gustav Nipe – board chairman for the organisation – says. He continues, I think it might have something to do with the governmental organisations abiding by a very copyright friendly attitude, with a twisted view on copying.

For the Church of Kopimism, information is holy and copying is a sacrament. Information holds a value, in itself and in what it contains, and the value multiplies through copying. Therefore, copying is central for the organisation and its members.

Being recognized by the state of Sweden is a large step for all of kopimi. Hopefully, this is one step towards the day when we can live out our faith without fear of persecution, says Isak Gerson, spiritual leader of the Church of Kopimism.

The Church of Kopimism is a religious organisation with roots from 2010. The organisation formalizes a community that’s been well spread for a long time already. The community of kopimi requires no formal membership. You just have to feel a calling to worship what is the holiest of the holiest, information and copy. To do this, we organize kopyactings – religious services – where the kopimists share information with eachother through copying and remix.

Copy and seed.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Trace

• Honorary Ex-Staff
  • Havoc
Re: Religion -- I'm converted!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 09:44:42 pm »

Brilliant!
[23:58:41] <~EvilWhiteDragon> I want to go to town and get drunk
[23:58:53] <~EvilWhiteDragon> why wont any of my friends answer my sms
[23:59:15] <Trace> cuz u dont have any friends?
[00:02:12] * You were kicked from #BI-Moderators by EvilWhiteDragon (FU)

Slyfox

• Medium Tank driver
  • Jedi Master
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 05:00:29 am »

Now this is weird. Having faith in information and copying? Wouldn't this be more akin to guidelines or something?

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 12:05:51 pm »

Not necessarily. It's not hard to defend that information is the key to development, to survival. Thus copying information is a good thing as more people will be able to utilize the information so we as a whole can make progress.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

April 29, 2024, 01:56:33 am