Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: BI Meet: 2011  (Read 74041 times)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
Re: BI Meet: 2011
« Reply #60 on: July 07, 2011, 11:52:21 am »

If it helps, seye or me might be able to offer a place to sleep and to get to schiphol for blind. It would be at seyes or my parents place which might comfort blinds parents a bit more. Alternatively I could have a chat with them, which might help because I'm rather easy to track down, as main financial admin and everything...
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #61 on: July 07, 2011, 12:22:13 pm »

I havent rented the car yet, was waiting for a final headcount... I do have the available funds for a mpv but it will be a lean couple of days...
It's not sport if it doesn't hurt!

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #62 on: July 07, 2011, 02:11:07 pm »

You chatting with them may be best.  I've told him he'll probably be able to stay at yours for a night or two (Friso also offered), but his folks aren't happy with that.  If you actually speak to his parents, however, we might have more luck.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #63 on: July 07, 2011, 03:30:23 pm »

That was waht I was thinking. Particularly the fact that (I think) I have proven some level of responsibility by living on my own and being able to run a community like BlackIntel as a student. Something that also could help in this is the fact that BlackIntel has a revenue of almost 3700 Euros since October 2006, and is still running with it's own servers and such.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2011, 03:48:38 pm by EvilWhiteDragon »
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #64 on: July 08, 2011, 12:43:28 am »

Since i havent really gotten any replies i guess we are going for an MPV...

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #65 on: July 08, 2011, 03:40:09 am »

I would think that we would not go for an MPV, because if someone really needs the vehicle to be an MPV it's blind and since he's communicating so efficiently, I'm not going to pay for it.

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #66 on: July 08, 2011, 01:10:14 pm »

Well... we are 6 people even without blind aren't we... no way we can squeeze 6 people in a 5 person car for 400km +

Guyver1911

• Shotgunner
« Reply #67 on: July 08, 2011, 07:53:21 pm »

I'm going to need to picking up from Glasgow train station, I really don't think I have enough road experience to make it 300+ miles in one piece. If you want me to I could help put some money towards transport.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #68 on: July 08, 2011, 08:31:39 pm »

I'm going to need to picking up from Glasgow train station, I really don't think I have enough road experience to make it 300+ miles in one piece. If you want me to I could help put some money towards transport.
Where are you coming from anyway? I mean, we'll be at Liverpool airport anyway, so picking you up there is probably a hell of a lot easier than going into the city of Glasgow on the wrong side of the road. Or basically, any small place which is (somewhat) on the route is preferable.

Guyver1911

• Shotgunner
« Reply #69 on: July 08, 2011, 10:52:28 pm »

Where are you coming from anyway? I mean, we'll be at Liverpool airport anyway, so picking you up there is probably a hell of a lot easier than going into the city of Glasgow on the wrong side of the road. Or basically, any small place which is (somewhat) on the route is preferable.

I'll be coming from Blackburn in Lancashire which is only about 50 miles from Liverpool. If you want to pick me up from here that would be great but I'm more than willing to get the train to Liverpool to make it easier for you.

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #70 on: July 09, 2011, 07:43:30 am »

Let's see:
Liverpool airport -> Blackburn -> Kilmun, Scotland = 278 mijl,5 uur 43 min.
Liverpool airport -> Liverpool Lime Street Rail station-> Kilmun, Scotland = 265 mijl,5 uur 37 min.

I guess it doesn't make much of a difference, except that I suppose Blackburn is a smaller place and thus easier on the traffic. Best thing would be you coming to the airport and I think the second best thing is being on some access road to Blackburn where it's easy to pick you up.

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #71 on: July 09, 2011, 03:03:33 pm »

Well... we will have to go through Glasgow anyways from what i can see on google maps, we will come from the M74 and transition through Glasgow to the M8 and that should bring us quite close to Glasgow central station
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 03:05:12 pm by Run3 »

Trace

• Honorary Ex-Staff
  • Havoc
« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2011, 07:43:23 am »

Can all of the people who will travel in that car come together at IRC somewhere today or tomorrow?
Sorting things out via the forum goes a bit slow.
I suggest at least EWD, Run3, Guy and Blind (if possible) are present at this meeting.

Will send this in PM to those as well.

My first proposal would be 20.00 UK time today, let me know if you guys are available, and if not what other date suits you.
[23:58:41] <~EvilWhiteDragon> I want to go to town and get drunk
[23:58:53] <~EvilWhiteDragon> why wont any of my friends answer my sms
[23:59:15] <Trace> cuz u dont have any friends?
[00:02:12] * You were kicked from #BI-Moderators by EvilWhiteDragon (FU)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2011, 09:48:33 am »

Sounds good with me...
oh and, blind isnt coming. Why? I don't know...

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2011, 10:29:16 am »

That would be 19:00 dutch/danish time right? if so, Ill be there
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

April 28, 2024, 07:56:03 am