Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: BI Meet: 2011  (Read 73900 times)

Run3

• Engineer
Re: BI Meet: 2011
« Reply #30 on: May 30, 2011, 04:58:56 pm »

I have a creditcard... so i guess i will be the one to rent the car
It's not sport if it doesn't hurt!

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2011, 08:30:03 am »

I have a creditcard... so i guess i will be the one to rent the car
I guess so :P How old are you? I mean, above 24 you don't need to pay extra for renting. As far as I have been able to find, if I'm the or one of the drivers, we'll need to pay extra cuz apparently they think I can't drive :P
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

ShadeSlayer

• Patch
« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2011, 08:31:49 am »

::) I want to drive! (I totally know how to drive stick with my left hand)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2011, 08:53:22 am »

I do have both but I don't think that they allow me to rent a car since I'm not 21 yet.
I presume that means you're coming :D

::) I want to drive! (I totally know how to drive stick with my left hand)
More drivers for rented cars means the rental company wants more money, or that you are technically not insured. Something that might not be a good idea in a foreign country where people drive on the wrong side of the road and have the steering wheel on the wrong side of the car.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2011, 07:59:49 pm »

I guess so :P How old are you? I mean, above 24 you don't need to pay extra for renting. As far as I have been able to find, if I'm the or one of the drivers, we'll need to pay extra cuz apparently they think I can't drive :P

I'm 30... and have had my licence since i was 18... so we shouldn't have a problem :)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #35 on: June 07, 2011, 10:28:08 am »

I though I replied on this topic already. Well anyway, here it goes:

Ok, so I guess you (Run3) will need to rent a car and inform us to which airport you'll be flying. For dutchies (and perhaps Blind?) it's the cheapest to fly to Manchester or Liverpool by about 100 euros each, but if you prefer Glasgow or Edinburgh then we'll have to fly there I guess.

I'm not sure if Trace and Blind will be joining us or not, but you have at least 2 confirmed passengers ;)

Let us know on which airport you plan on arriving and on what time, so we can plan our flight as well ;)

Gwynzer: make blind reply in this topic about his plans.

Blind3001

• Havoc
« Reply #36 on: June 07, 2011, 08:11:29 pm »

Well I'm planning to come along, but I can't really plan a lot yet as I have exams coming up next week.
I checked some tickets with ebookers and ryanair and I can get to Edinburgh from Belgium with Ryanair for around 185 euros.
From Brussels to Liverpool for around 80 euros and to Manchester it's 145.
And Glasgow is over 200 euros.

I'll try to get some more this weekend if I find the time for (remember) it.

[17:14] Thomas45: Star Trek Scotsmen
[17:14] Blind3001: Scotty!
[17:15] Thomas45: beam me up gwynzer

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2011, 07:20:33 pm »

Well, sounds like its Liverpool thats cheapest... will check prices and when i will arrive and give you all an update...

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2011, 08:48:10 pm »

Sounds good. Since it's quite some distance to where we're staying, do you want me to drive as well or?

Trace

• Honorary Ex-Staff
  • Havoc
« Reply #39 on: June 10, 2011, 09:40:49 am »

For a 6 hour drive its better to have 2 drivers indeed, just have to see how much that will increase the costs.
EWD/Rune/Seye, can we talk at some point about when/what we fly? Plane tickets tend to get more expensive the longer you wait :P (and I'd have a full picture of the costs rather sooner than later)
[23:58:41] <~EvilWhiteDragon> I want to go to town and get drunk
[23:58:53] <~EvilWhiteDragon> why wont any of my friends answer my sms
[23:59:15] <Trace> cuz u dont have any friends?
[00:02:12] * You were kicked from #BI-Moderators by EvilWhiteDragon (FU)

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #40 on: June 10, 2011, 11:40:29 am »

For a 6 hour drive its better to have 2 drivers indeed, just have to see how much that will increase the costs.
EWD/Rune/Seye, can we talk at some point about when/what we fly? Plane tickets tend to get more expensive the longer you wait :P (and I'd have a full picture of the costs rather sooner than later)
I guess we should wait till rune decided on his flight and then plan our flight accordingly.

For the higher costs for a secondary driver, I guess it might be good either way, since it is a long drive and it's on the wrong side of the road as well.

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2011, 10:42:33 am »

I guess we should wait till rune decided on his flight and then plan our flight accordingly.

For the higher costs for a secondary driver, I guess it might be good either way, since it is a long drive and it's on the wrong side of the road as well.

Its anywhere between 25 and 60 euroes for an extra driver, i am ordering my flight tomorrow (monday) but as it looks right now the cheapest flight to Liverpool is actually over Amsterdam so we might end up arriving at the same time...
/Rune

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2011, 01:07:40 pm »

Its anywhere between 25 and 60 euroes for an extra driver, i am ordering my flight tomorrow (monday) but as it looks right now the cheapest flight to Liverpool is actually over Amsterdam so we might end up arriving at the same time...
/Rune
Well that might be fun anyway, to meet up at Schiphol (Amsterdam) and then fly to liverpool. Personally I prefer arriving somewhere in the morning on in liverpool, say around 10'ish as that'll give us plenty of time to go to the house without arriving really late or having to rush (something I really want to avoid because wrong side of the road :P).

Run3

• Engineer
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2011, 02:59:28 pm »

The flight iwe looked at puts us in liverpool around 10am friday the 15th...

Trace

• Honorary Ex-Staff
  • Havoc
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2011, 06:04:48 pm »

The flight iwe looked at puts us in liverpool around 10am friday the 15th...
Think i've seen that flight :)
What about the way back?
[23:58:41] <~EvilWhiteDragon> I want to go to town and get drunk
[23:58:53] <~EvilWhiteDragon> why wont any of my friends answer my sms
[23:59:15] <Trace> cuz u dont have any friends?
[00:02:12] * You were kicked from #BI-Moderators by EvilWhiteDragon (FU)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

April 26, 2024, 06:12:31 pm