Not logged in

Please login with username, password and session length or register.

Advanced search  

Author Topic: Teamspeak  (Read 18508 times)

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
Teamspeak
« on: December 07, 2010, 06:14:50 pm »

yeah my friends were using blackintel's ts for a while and i dont know who came into the channel but they were kicked out of the channel. can i ask why and since when do we need to donate for teamspeak.

i used blackintel's teamspeak sometime's with the same guys had no problem when im there with them, so why would it be a problem if i wasn't there with them?

bloodynoob

• Patch
  • hurpa derp ?
Re: Teamspeak
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 06:21:54 pm »

wait what ?

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 06:24:46 pm »

yeah my friends were using blackintel's ts for a while and i dont know who came into the channel but they were kicked out of the channel. can i ask why and since when do we need to donate for teamspeak.

i used blackintel's teamspeak sometime's with the same guys had no problem when im there with them, so why would it be a problem if i wasn't there with them?

let me change the kicking part they were asked to leave, but why :P thats the problem

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
  • BloodyNoob Handler and Mating Expert
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 07:42:20 pm »

Before we got the new server box, we had a major problem with a large group of dutchies who were leeching off our server.  A very large group, and they kept bringing more and more people, so the foots being put down a bit harder on leechers.

There were 2 guys who were sitting in TS every so often who we didn't recognise, and were sitting in our game channels.  They were asked to leave after we couldn't figure out who they are or how they were related to BI.  They couldn't tell us who gave them details or invited them to the server either, so they were assumed leechers and asked to go.  Evil has the full story on them.

If they have been banned, they will be staying that way.  Everyone currently on the TS banlist comes under the group "Utter dickhead cuntface twats".  I'm not willing to unban any of them, admins will after overrule that.

I have no issue with randoms using TS if they spend a fair bit of that time with a BI member.  Having unknowns in the server regularly when we don't have any idea what they are here for, however, is a problem.

I don't know where you're getting anything about having to donate for Teamspeak.  If you are wanting to donate, the button is below the navigation menu on the home page.
Quote from: TK2 Ban Policy
ur gut feelings are good enough.

Quote from: Ren BI1
Gwynzer@IRC: PENIS
shippo: sigh
lavakill: he always ruins everything

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 08:05:33 pm »

I guess he means me mentioning that if they wanted to rent a TS server of their own, we could look into that. I don't thing we need people that have no relationship with BI on our TS.

If you would be there at those times as well Vick, then it might have been different as Gwynzer already made clear.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2010, 08:07:07 pm »

Before we got the new server box, we had a major problem with a large group of dutchies who were leeching off our server.  A very large group, and they kept bringing more and more people, so the foots being put down a bit harder on leechers.

There were 2 guys who were sitting in TS every so often who we didn't recognise, and were sitting in our game channels.  They were asked to leave after we couldn't figure out who they are or how they were related to BI.  They couldn't tell us who gave them details or invited them to the server either, so they were assumed leechers and asked to go.  Evil has the full story on them.

If they have been banned, they will be staying that way.  Everyone currently on the TS banlist comes under the group "Utter dickhead cuntface twats".  I'm not willing to unban any of them, admins will after overrule that.

I have no issue with randoms using TS if they spend a fair bit of that time with a BI member.  Having unknowns in the server regularly when we don't have any idea what they are here for, however, is a problem.

I don't know where you're getting anything about having to donate for Teamspeak.  If you are wanting to donate, the button is below the navigation menu on the home page.

ehm right. my friends said that they told someone (still dont know who )that they got the info from vickvenom. so assuming you know I dont let leechers in blackintel, didnt even know that leechers excisted on TS, and well they were with me on teamspeak (sometime's) enough time for most of you to see that they are with ME, and we only used teamspeak as a way to communicate with each other while playing game's, so they haven't done something wrong, I assume I did nothing wrong. you don't have to unban anyone if you dont want to we have our own TS server now, but I have to say that im kinda disgusted by this. but well who am I to say such things >.>

I would understand if they were screeming like fuckwitz and harrassing TS and such things but for this it's kinda pointless Imo.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 08:12:19 pm by VickVenom »

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2010, 08:12:50 pm »

I can understand why you would find this annoying, but you just showed yourself to be an arrogant twat with claiming that you have the right to do whatever you want on our TS server, that disappoints me.
We were in no way attacking you for inviting your friends over, we just decided to take actions on your friends' provocations. Now you come complaining and not doing much better yourself.

BlackIntel is a community, that expect members to communicate with each other and ingage in social activities, like games. If someone unknown to the community enters it is common, at least in a lot of cultures, that one introduces himself, is polite and adjusts him or herself to the current standards of that community. If your friends come in here ignoring whoever put time in this community, is it then a weird action from us to kick them out?
Personally I think that makes sense, but please, if you feel differently try to explain.
"It is important to find a balance. It is easier for parents if they set ground rules from the start about how long their child is allowed to spend on these types of games." - Only one line of cocaine a day, dear son!

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 08:22:47 pm »

I just said what i thought about it, what you're just saying is no i can't do that, I haven't changed one bit since I was a member of blackintel, I never claimed to do what ever I want to do, but when i brought them to TS, I never got a message from gwynzer or either of you asking me who the hell they are and what they do here, if you did i would explain, like I said you dont have to unban them we have found an alternative, and I just said i thought it was lame that they couldn't stay on TS thats MY OPINION, but NOOOO. now I feel attacked why because I can't tell you what my opinion is about something like it has always been for me, I'm sorry but a community has to respect the opinion of one and other that doesnt mean that you have to take action if i say that sucks or that sucks its just a goddamn opinion. thats all.

sorry for my honesty >.>

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 10:17:53 pm »

for most of you to see that they are with ME

Then I don't think we're thinking about the same people.  I've seen you coming in with a few friends (no coming to say hello to us however :( ), however I've never really taken note of their names.  These guys names didn't look familiar, and we'd seen them dotting around TS for about a week WITHOUT you joining, which is why eyebrows were raised and something was done about it.

As Evil stated in the last half of his last post, BI is a community, and being part of a community involves communication.  When you bring your friends to TS and sit in different channels from everyone else with people we don't know, we don't take any notice.  We assume they're your friends and leave you be.  However when names we don't immediately recognise (and because of no communication, we haven't taken the time to remember your friends names), we start to take action. 

Your friends are more than welcome to make use of Teamspeak, so long as they don't all start inviting THEIR friends, and so long that those of us who admin the server are aware that they are there because of you.

Alternately I have a... 32 + 8 slot mumble server not getting used which you're more than welcome to. 

dhdc

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Havoc
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2010, 08:04:03 am »

i miss you guys <3
Gaming Events attended: (iseries) -I37, I40, I42, I43, I45, I46, I47, I48 and I49
Steam: dhdcste

EvilWhiteDragon

• Founder
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2010, 10:19:25 am »

Well, come back? As far as we know you're not banned :P

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2010, 12:34:59 pm »

Then I don't think we're thinking about the same people.  I've seen you coming in with a few friends (no coming to say hello to us however :( ), however I've never really taken note of their names.  These guys names didn't look familiar, and we'd seen them dotting around TS for about a week WITHOUT you joining, which is why eyebrows were raised and something was done about it.

As Evil stated in the last half of his last post, BI is a community, and being part of a community involves communication.  When you bring your friends to TS and sit in different channels from everyone else with people we don't know, we don't take any notice.  We assume they're your friends and leave you be.  However when names we don't immediately recognise (and because of no communication, we haven't taken the time to remember your friends names), we start to take action. 

Your friends are more than welcome to make use of Teamspeak, so long as they don't all start inviting THEIR friends, and so long that those of us who admin the server are aware that they are there because of you.

Alternately I have a... 32 + 8 slot mumble server not getting used which you're more than welcome to. 

Yeah I think that they changed name's at some point, and I understand the ''they invite their friends and so on''   which will not happen they are good lads they listen to me and give me money ill discuss this with them, they will have regular name's and I'll tell them to go into a channel where you guys are and say that their with me (when im not there ) ,if I am there I will be the one that goes in the ugly gangrape channel to say that those lads are with me, is this alright?

Gwynzer

• PS2 Game Leader
  • Staff
  • Mammoth Tank driver
« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2010, 03:10:03 pm »

They don't have to come and see us every time they join.  Server Admins just have to be aware of who they are and why they are there.  If they are changing names (that's probably what caused the issue tbh), then we'll run into this again.

And FYI, it's not an ugly gangrape channel.  Everyone consents, and the majority of us are fairly attractive.

VickVenom

• Honorary Ex-Member
  • Medium Tank driver
  • FAIL . Epic? ,Yes!
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2010, 06:39:51 pm »

They don't have to come and see us every time they join.  Server Admins just have to be aware of who they are and why they are there.  If they are changing names (that's probably what caused the issue tbh), then we'll run into this again.

And FYI, it's not an ugly gangrape channel.  Everyone consents, and the majority of us are fairly attractive.

hehe, with thomas in your channel everything is possible :P, but I'll make everything clear to the guys.

April 29, 2024, 07:48:45 am